Milwards Craftversa

The Milwards Rods forum.
Harry H
Tench

Milwards Craftversa

Post by Harry H »

This I think would be my dream rod so if we're the stars were to align and I actually find one what would be the likely price range?
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Leigh

Re: Milwards Craftversa

Post by Leigh »

Harry H wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:04 pm This I think would be my dream rod so if we're the stars were to align and I actually find one what would be the likely price range?
Harry, we are currently in the zodiac sign of Pisces - The two fishes, you could be lucky.
Pisces.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Harry H
Tench

Post by Harry H »

Leigh wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:54 pm
Harry H wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:04 pm This I think would be my dream rod so if we're the stars were to align and I actually find one what would be the likely price range?
Harry, we are currently in the zodiac sign of Pisces - The two fishes, you could be lucky.

Pisces.PNG
Just so happens it's my birth sign :Beg: :Beg:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Possibly 4 figures in great condition
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

Loop Erimder wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:34 pm
Possibly 4 figures in great condition
..and today Loop? how many original untouched examples have you encountered all of you in the last few years? How many are owned by members on here?
Intrigued
Norfolk
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I've now held just two of these rods in fishable condition...they really are that rare. One I held briefly in a tackle shop where I worked, though I also have some images of it sent to me by the owner..... the other arrived here just a few days ago....and is immaculate right down to the canvas sleeve complete with rod description and 'care' card in a cellophane pouch.

The two rods are slightly different...thank goodness for those images, it must have been 8 years ago I held that other rod.....one has black rings as Milward's did to their coarse rods for some years....I take this to be the earlier rod as the Featherlite's had these rings too, the other has normal chrome rings.
The butt rings are different two...both are simply light 'spinning rod' types of about an inch in diameter, but the 'newer' rod has longer legs at a less steepanle necessitating the whippings to be further apart. I am fairly sure neither rod has even been lightly refurbished, so i think thhey are original.

The rather fancy Swimversa butt ring is not used.

Lucky Strike
Perch

Post by Lucky Strike »

Would love to see some pics Nobby. I've just posted loads of pictures of mine in the Terry Thomas thread

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Lucky Strike wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:48 pm Would love to see some pics Nobby. I've just posted loads of pictures of mine in the Terry Thomas thread
Any chance of a link please, I'm desperate to see what all the fuss is about.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Lucky Strike
Perch

Post by Lucky Strike »

BoltonBullfinch wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:26 pm
Lucky Strike wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:48 pm Would love to see some pics Nobby. I've just posted loads of pictures of mine in the Terry Thomas thread
Any chance of a link please, I'm desperate to see what all the fuss is about.

Thanks
BB
[/viewtopic.php?t=31122

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Here are a few images of the Craftversa that has just arrived here....rods are hard to photograph...let alone one with over six feet long sections....
ImageImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

I've mentioned the apparently 'cut and paste' Craftversa transfer elsewhere....so far we have yet to find a rod that doesn't have this. Extraordinary...after ten years of searching we make a discovery like that!

I also notice the rod's serial number, as 'painted' on in white...gains a number two at the end on the rod care card...for a two piece rod, perhaps?

The cork shive butt has just enough swelling to stop the lower reel band sliding off, but this is more noticeable on some other rods.

This rod has a simple 'spinning rod' type butt guide and all the stand off rings are blackened high bells types...each a different size. The tip eye is a small red glass insert type without any tubular section...just four wires soldered together.

The rod has a particularly light action with no floppiness apparent, just a slight droop when held horizontally....for 56 year old cane it's pretty good!

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”