Milwards Carp Craft info

The Milwards Rods forum.
Hans Raaijmakers
Minnow

Milwards Carp Craft info

Post by Hans Raaijmakers »

Hi all.

I recently acquired a 9ft Milwards Carp Craft, but I don't know much about it. Is there anyone who might be able to tell me what the testcurve is and approximately when it was built?

I have included some pictures.

Any help / information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Hans
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Hans Raaijmakers on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

SeanM
Tench

Re: Milwards Carp Craft info

Post by SeanM »

Hi Hans. I can tell you that it was made after 1953 because it isn't in the catalogue for that year, but it does look like a 1950s Milwards rod to me. If you PM Nobby he might know as he has some later Milwards catalogues.
Quot homines, tot sententiae.

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

A desirable rod in any case. Congratulations!
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

I understand Milwards never made a carp rod, it looks like a spinning rod to me with a new script!

Harry H
Tench

Post by Harry H »

It has the same ferrules as my SpInversa, I must admit I didn't realise that Milwards made a Carp rod. Have you a picture of the reel fittings?
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

I'd agree with the above – I've be told by a very knowledgeable authority, who is a member here, that Milliards never made a carp rod. You might see such a thing for sale somewhere on the web but it is not the real deal…
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Hans Raaijmakers
Minnow

Hi All. Thanks for all the replies :) Much appreciated

Aaaiii...although I still think its a very pretty rod, which certainly can be used for stalking (small) carp it would be disappointing to learn that is a fake or case of a rod misrepresented.....However I have seen others online and to me (which is certainly no garantee :) is does not look like it has been tempered with. Also there is actually one for sale at a dealer at the moment, although it seems to be a different build.
You should be able to find it if you search on "RARE MILLWARDS “CARP CRAFT” SPLIT CANE ROD"

Could is be that it is still original and a special build or one off? Since it was a cottage industry back then?

I will try and upload some more pictures with details which can maybe help solve this mystery :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Harry H
Tench

Post by Harry H »

Those reel fittings are also the same as my spinversa
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Hans Raaijmakers
Minnow

Mmmmz. Ok thanks. May I ask what you think about the writing? Does it look original to you?

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”