Milwards Flyversa

The Milwards Rods forum.
Penninelad
Arctic Char

Milwards Flyversa

Post by Penninelad »

I have just acquired one of these in unused condition including the description and care label.If this was meant to be a double handed salmon fly rod as the name suggests at 1lb 12 ozs I would not last very long Spey casting with it !It is a very substantial rod more suited to spinning for Salmon as the reel fitting suggests.I intend to use it for pike fishing and for barbel on larger rivers.I am sure someone has a a Milwards catalogue describing what the rod was meant to be used for? As usual the same top class split cane and jasper whippings.

Mark Davies

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Milwards Flyversa

Post by AshbyCut »

Hope this helps, Sir.

Image Image
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

Many thanks Mal.I am not very good at this sort of thing due to my age !
Mark Davies

Rutland Rod
Arctic Char

Post by Rutland Rod »

Mark my Hardy Mitre 12' Dunkeld is clearly marked as a Salmon Rod but to me looks too puny ! to put out a fly line. It's action is very similar to my Marco 12' Test, the last owner changed the butt ring to a normal H&H course butt ring to use the rod for course fishing ,whether in both these cases the owners bought them to fly fish for Salmon and found them not fit for their purpose who knows ! Even the handle isn't what I would expect to see on a fly rod. It's not a brill pic but it may give you a comparison with yours.
Tight lines Dave

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”