My bream tips

This forum is for discussing bream.
Vole
Tench

Re: My bream tips

Post by Vole » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:19 am

I used to have the odd session float-fishing a small Norfolk lake that held some fun-sized bream - two or three pounds - which I met a couple of times while float-fishing close in, with the 'pin. I found that if I could release them in the water, without lifting them out, they would saunter off without too much fuss and I'd carry on catching; if I had to net them out to unhook, they'd then clear off, taking their mates with them, and I was then officially just roach-and-tench-fishing.
Has anyone else found this?
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Santiago
Salmon

Post by Santiago » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:55 am

I find the complete opposite. If I lose a bream when they're coming on to feed then the fishing is most often ruined for the night. If I lose one when I have been catching lots then I normally have to wait at least an hour for my next bite, but if they're in a feeding frenzy then losing a fish has no effect on the rest of the shoal, but that's rare.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

www.finefishingfloats.co.uk

Santiago
Salmon

Post by Santiago » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:55 am

I find the complete opposite. If I lose a bream when they're coming on to feed then the fishing is most often ruined for the night. If I lose one when I have been catching lots then I normally have to wait at least an hour for my next bite, but if they're in a feeding frenzy then losing a fish has no effect on the rest of the shoal, but that's rare.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

www.finefishingfloats.co.uk

Return to “Bream (Abramis brama)”