Loop's Senior Wallis Avon

Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods forum.
Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: Loop's Senior Wallis Avon

Post by Loop Erimder »

OldTackle wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:02 pm
Loop Erimder wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:42 pm So today was the day I paid a visit to Andrew J Davis to collect my much awaited Senior Wallis Avon........I had ordered this rod a long time ago but unfortunately had to postpone the order until a later date. I contacted Andrew last year to re order the rod and now i'm the proud owner of another AJD rod. Dark cane and identical couloured whippings as my Craftversa
The rod is sublime and I cannot wait to play a fish on it..... hope you likey
First to say: congratulations of such a wonderful looking rod! May I ask how it compares to let's say an Allcocks Super Wizard?
Never held a super wizard so I wouldn't know really....with Andrew's rods you only have to pick them up and give them a waggle and you just know that it feels right for the purpose it was built for....the first time I held one of his craftversas It felt wonderful so I ordered one....the same with the senior Wallis avon .....now I don't touch or pick up his rods! :Scared: Although I think I need a couple of his carpathias :shocked:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Nice rod but will it hold a wildie of good proportions?

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Kingfisher wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:38 pm Nice rod but will it hold a wildie of good proportions?
Without a shadow of doubt Matty boy...... will tame a carp of 20lbs.......I have been told..... so longs you treat rod and carp with respect they deserve
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Loop Erimder wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:37 pm
Loop Erimder wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:42 pm So today was the day I paid a visit to Andrew J Davis to collect my much awaited Senior Wallis Avon........I had ordered this rod a long time ago but unfortunately had to postpone the order until a later date. I contacted Andrew last year to re order the rod and now i'm the proud owner of another AJD rod. Dark cane and identical couloured whippings as my Craftversa
First to say: congratulations of such a wonderful looking rod! May I ask how it compares to let's say an Allcocks Super Wizard?
Never held a super wizard so I wouldn't know really....with Andrew's rods you only have to pick them up and give them a waggle and you just know that it feels right for the purpose it was built for....the first time I held one of his craftversas It felt wonderful so I ordered one....the same with the senior Wallis avon .....now I don't touch or pick up his rods! :Scared: Although I think I need a couple of his carpathias :shocked:
A Super wizard is a lighter rod altogether Chris. I am lucky enough to own a rather wonderful example but I certainly wouldn't take it barbel fishing.

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Paul D wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:52 pm
Loop Erimder wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:37 pm
A Super wizard is a lighter rod altogether Chris. I am lucky enough to own a rather wonderful example but I certainly wouldn't take it barbel fishing.
Hmmm...caught a double figure barbel using my Chapman 500 so why not, Paul?
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Eddy Pools
Rudd

Post by Eddy Pools »

Absolutely beautiful and made by a true craftsman, congratulations

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

SNAP! I too have the very same.......dining table.
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Thank you all. .....It is a very nice rod indeed.....I am a very lucky boy.... to own 2 AJD rods...I thought I would never own one but I have a very understanding wife and she also appreciates the craftsmanship of Andrew

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I showed my wife the rod and reel you have and told her that is exactly what I would like if at all possible :Beg: ..... she just laughed and walked off. :roll:

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Reedling wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:42 pm I showed my wife the rod and reel you have and told her that is exactly what I would like if at all possible :Beg: ..... she just laughed and walked off. :roll:
Very sad. Maybe you should just do the same next time she comes with new interior or a new handbag... :Scared:
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Return to “Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods”