Tactio up date

Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods forum.
Regular_Caster
Gudgeon

Re: Tactio up date

Post by Regular_Caster »

Wow, superb. Love seeing this one developing! Before I joined I had read this thread through with every post excitedly!

CWK
Perch

Post by CWK »

Gentlemen , having seen this rod recently I can attest that Andrew is bestowing it with his genius and the finished article will be something very special indeed .. Bumble you will be delighted to own and fish with it .

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

I do love jasper threads, looking good both.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

It's most frustrating to see a bloke doing perfect whippings sitting in an armchair with a bit of sticky tape.

Whilst I am surrounded by home-made gadgets and gear....and they still ain't perfect..........

Am I right to think the first tip section was too active and it therefore absorbed the detection of a bite before it made it down to your fingertips Bumble? If so, a touch-leger rod needs to be firmer then? Firmer than a standard all-round rod of the Fifties or Sixties??

Enjoying this thread immensely...thank-you both.

James
Rudd

Post by James »

Your dead right Nobby the whole rod is designed from scratch and it seems i got my sums wrong first time .If you were using the tip as a quiver tip it would be fine but as you say to feel the bite rather than seeing it is what the second top will do. The hollow work has paid of they do feel amazing.
AJD

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I'm keeping my hands in my pockets at Redditch, Andrew ;-)

Possibly with Gorilla Glue.......

For those thinking I've finally 'lost it'...to waggle one of Andrew's rods at Redditch it to risk seriously damaging your bank account and relations with 'er indoors.

CWK
Perch

Post by CWK »

Nobby wrote:I'm keeping my hands in my pockets at Redditch, Andrew ;-)

Possibly with Gorilla Glue.......

For those thinking I've finally 'lost it'...to waggle one of Andrew's rods at Redditch it to risk seriously damaging your bank account and relations with 'er indoors.

'Aint that the truth .. Every time I visit Andrew I leave with another rod , I just cannot resist!!!!

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Re: Re The Tactio arrived today

Post by Bumble »

This all started with a collaboration of minds with old Bumble and James aka Andrew Davis on the perfect touch ledgering rod for Chub. Let's stop there for a moment why would Andrew one of the best builders in the UK even listen to somebody else about tapers much to his credit he did.
So here it is the Tactio named by my great friend Mal Baird 11' in length whole cane butt spliced into hollow built cane into the ferrule then twin tips light for the Kennet medium for the Thames both hollow built until 12" from the tip ring.
Am I biased of course wouldn't you be the feel is amazing better pictures on Saturday when I'm on the bank waggling this wonderous wand.
I need a drink feel free to critique
Bumble

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Stunning work and a unique design. Well done to both of you.

Wal.

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

Stunning. We certainly need builders trying new designs. It's okay using vintage tackle but coming up with fresh design is a branch of the sport that is certainly lacking. Well done both.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Return to “Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods”