AJD Avocet

Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods forum.
Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Re: AJD Avocet

Post by Bumble »

Gary I am also the very proud owner of 3 of AD's rod quality and class is a given from such a talented man enjoy the rod and please post done pictures.
Bumble

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Gary Wright wrote:Just been in contact with Santa , Early delivery from Lapland ,Arriving Saturday 10.00 am :Wink:
Come on my man, where are those photos? :fingertap:
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

DWW
Grayling

Post by DWW »

Gary , Sir, I am trying to make up my mind on which AJD rod to order . Any chance I could quiz you on the types of fishing , venues etc that you will be using the rod on please ? The Avocet is on the list !
Thanks

Gary Wright
Bleak

Post by Gary Wright »

Good evening Gentlemen, My apologies for the lack of update but I have been unwell .
The story so far, I travelled to Long Eaton on The 19th of December to meet Andrew and collect my new Avocet, I arrived bang on time and Andrew greeted me at the door, We talked for a long time about the rod and its specification and all things fishing and after a while I said to Andrew I could wait no more ,I had been looking at the rod in its bag whilst we were talking.
Andrew passed me the rod and I excitedly opened it to reveal a masterpiece :Thumb:
The rod surpassed all of my expectations and the quality is second to none, After many many wiggles in the garden I was over the moon. I thanked Andrew and made my way to a stretch of Derbyshires River Dove.
What a day new rod and duly christened with many hard fighting trout and chub. What a pre xmas present.
As to the types of fishing I would use the rod for ? I have only managed to use it the once but as I expected ideal for grayling,trout ,chub,roach river fishing and I am sure it would handle good barbel . Lake or pond , ideal tench and small carp rod. This looks to me a perfect all rounder. Many thanks AJD
Weather permitting I will post photos this weekend.
Happy new year to you all :Thumb:

Gary Wright
Bleak

Post by Gary Wright »

Morning Gents, I managed a couple of hours on one of my local rivers yesterday in some glorious winter sunshine, Unfortunately the fishing itself was not as good but did manage a few small chublets,dace and roach but no sign of any chub which I had hoped for. This was only the second outing for my new Avocet and I tried to take a few photos to show off Andrews rod making skills .

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Wonderful. :Hat:

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Sublime!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

That does look rather nice.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

DWW
Grayling

Post by DWW »

Lovely !

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Splendid..... looking forward to my AJD rod later in the year
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Return to “Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods”