Andrew J. Davis Website

Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods forum.
Hovis
Tench

Re: Andrew J. Davis Website

Post by Hovis »

Snape wrote:It looks fantastic.
I bought one of Andrew's personal one off rods at the weekend. Called the Allrounder. It is 2 piece split cane with a lovely progressive action and two tips. One Avon and one roach. Can't wait to use it. :Happy:
I really think his work is up there in the realm of Barder but less than half the price.
High praise indeed! :cheers:
I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I bought one of Andrew's personal one off rods at the weekend. Called the Allrounder. It is 2 piece split cane with a lovely progressive action and two tips. One Avon and one roach. Can't wait to use it. :Happy:
I really think his work is up there in the realm of Barder but less than half the price.

Blimey! This from the feller with more Barders than....well anyone except Merlot, really :Hahaha:

High praise indeed, Nigel

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Nobby wrote:

Blimey! This from the feller with more Barders than....well anyone except Merlot, really :Hahaha:

High praise indeed, Nigel
Not quite Nobby. Merlot and I draw on 7 Barders each but Merlot has a Barder refurbished rod as well! :Hahaha:
For the price you won't do better than an Andrew Davis rod.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Ah, yes. You've drawn even now haven't you? Will the truce stand, I wonder?

TemeLAD
Crucian Carp

Post by TemeLAD »

Super new site Andrew and to underline what has already been said its a credit to you :Hat:
"I can't wait to buy a bamboo pole and a filament of line and a tube of breadcrumbs. I want to participate in this practice which allows a man to be alone with himself in dignity and peace. It seems a very precious thing to me".

John Steinbeck

James
Rudd

Post by James »

Thanks for your generous words chaps :Hat: .I had been wanting to update my website for some time ,all the credit goes to Andy Roberts of Exact Marketing a cane and pin man himself.All i did was give him some photos and text and he did the rest,to say i am pleased is an understatement.

Andrew J Davis.

CWK
Perch

Post by CWK »

Did you catch that trout this evening Andrew ?.

James
Rudd

Post by James »

No trout tonight,loads of fly life but not much rising. just in 500yards i came across 2 Goosander broods,they look lovely but not what you want in your swim.

Pinkfoot

Post by Pinkfoot »

Chaps,

I'm delighted to read so many positive and generous comments about Andrew's new website, thank you, it makes all the hard work worthwhile. I say hard work, but it's not that hard when you work with someone like Andrew, he's easy to get on with and brimming with enthusiasm.

We actually met for the first time earlier this month at the Vintage Tackle Fair, Redditch, his work really is of the highest order, his Roach Perfection was sublime.

Can't wait for the call to say my Kennet Perfection is ready!

Andy Roberts
Last edited by Pinkfoot on Mon May 19, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Ah yes...to lift up that Roach Perfection is to desire it! Probably safer to keep yer hands in yer pockets when you walk past Andrew's table.......

Lovely high def images on the site that really show the quality of his work. :Hat:

Return to “Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods”