Andrew J. Davis Website

Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods forum.
GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Re: Andrew J. Davis Website

Post by GarryProcter »

Very nice, Andrew - worth waiting for! Now remind me, which of those fly rods did I waggle?

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

What makes him very special is just not the quality of the build, have just specified something very special for Christmas from Mrs B, but the free advice he will always give. I was offered something today with a lot if history with Provence from one of my heroes but with a terrible set.
A few emails later I was convinced not to purchase quite simply a true gent.
Bumble

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Quite so Bumble - Andrew is a fine fellow. Indeed, I have just ordered a rod from him, one that has been haunting me since I waggled an example about a year ago, when I went to pick up my first Andrew Field rod. The rod I have just ordered is a fly rod, now referred to as a "Dragonfly" on the new web site. Hopefully it will be ready for the next trout season. So haunting has been replaced by anticipation!

CWK
Perch

Post by CWK »

I too have a rod on order with Andrew . There will be asthetic changes from the highly sought after original design that we both feel will be visually stunning .. Pictures will be posted as and when available ..

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

That new site looks marvellous! I'm so pleased for Andrew because I know he was very excited about it and it really does him and his marvellous work credit....some stunning photography there.

I too have a rod on order with Andrew, having 'ummed and aahhed' about it for almost a year. You see I first waggled one of his Craftversas at Redditch in May 2013 and I was just blown away with how good it felt. I kept remembering that rod over the next 10 or so months and finally took the plunge after much deliberatin and procrastination.

Visiting Andrew on his stand at Redditch this May what do I spy on the table? Another Craftversa!

It too had that same great feel in the hand, remembered from a full year ago. And I ended up trying all of Andrews rods he had there as well. Everyone of them felt so light in the hand, so responsive and taught.

I suppose that every rod maker puts into his rods what he feels is right, what works for him. I've tried rods from other makers, most of who are more expensive than Andrew and they just didn't feel the same. At least not for me. I don't doubt they know ther stuff and their rods are perfect for their new owners but Andrew's......well. I'm back to that word again....'right.'

Now begins the long wait for my Craftversa.......the only downside to Andrew's skill is that he's in demand now and rightly so. It's worth noting just how much of his work is to repeat customers.....can there be a higher recommendation?

Hovis
Tench

Post by Hovis »

What a lovely site.

Now I really must get saving for a craftversa...or a new fly rod...or a Avocet..or....well you get the idea.
I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Fantastic new website,

I would love a MKiv Avon or a------ oh well you know!

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

It looks fantastic.
I bought one of Andrew's personal one off rods at the weekend. Called the Allrounder. It is 2 piece split cane with a lovely progressive action and two tips. One Avon and one roach. Can't wait to use it. :Happy:
I really think his work is up there in the realm of Barder but less than half the price.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Congratulations to a fine chap for a super new website !!! The link is already on my little page, Sir.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Luga00
Brown Trout

Post by Luga00 »

Fantastic website.

The ferrules went on my Avon Perfection this morning apparently.

Can't wait!
Russ

Return to “Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods”