abu 507 plowman

The ABU Reels forum.
Duckett
Tench

Re: abu 507 plowman

Post by Duckett »

Willsmodger wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:27 am I'd like to give it a try.
Most of my Abu reels have been trouble free for the most part anyway.
It was kind of their appeal in the first place, there being only three things in them, and one of those was a silver Abu sticker that never seemed to adhere properly.
Having said that, they are not quite idiot proof. Mine had a bad case of a loose cowling that kept coming off when I tried to put some line on.
It suddenly dawned on me to tighten the drag down. Problem solved.
It only took me 30 years to work that out.

All the best.
Remember that lesson if you ever get an ABU 333 ...... it's the only way to take the spool off and put it back on again!
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Willsmodger
Rudd

Re: abu 507 plowman

Post by Willsmodger »

Duly noted. Thanks.
My collection groweth. Now a 506, 506M and the new 507MK 2.
The recent addition is the 506, vvgc, and £15 from my local cash converters, although knocked down to a tenner because of my longstanding custom, and also the fact it was jammed up. A quick flush through and a dab of oil and it's perfect.
It had the original aluminium spool, then a few weeks later I found a plastic match spool in the same place for 99p.
The 507MK 2 seems a nice reel. I will admit to looking suspiciously at the anti reverse and drag as new fangled unnecessary additions that just mean there's more to go wrong but we will see.

All the best.

Return to “ABU Reels”