ABU CARDINAL 6X (Ray Moss)

The ABU Reels forum.
TemeLAD
Crucian Carp

Re: ABU CARDINAL 6X

Post by TemeLAD »

Add my relief to that too - please continue to convey our best wishes to Ray. I'm sure he knows the physio will be worth it in the long run. :Hat:
"I can't wait to buy a bamboo pole and a filament of line and a tube of breadcrumbs. I want to participate in this practice which allows a man to be alone with himself in dignity and peace. It seems a very precious thing to me".

John Steinbeck

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Wow, that is truly astonishing! A work of art and an inspiration to anyone intending to restore a reel, or has restored one in the past....going to start hunting for a project reel!!
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

So glad to read that Ray has turned a corner, BL.

Skin grafts and physio........sheeeesh!

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

Thanks Nobby, I sent him a picture of us all at Redditch which seemed to perk him up a bit, the picture was of you with James's Walker rod talking to Mike Read, then badger, Gary, James follow on and then Ray on the end, muggins here was one the end of the camera :Hahaha:

Have to say talking to him on the phone he said he cant wait to get out and go to Greece for his jolly's, they will have to pack him in ice to keep the sun off him for about the next 3 year and thats just here. Still great he is on the mend though. :Thumb:
" It is a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"

"BB"

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

Thanks Nobby, I sent him a picture of us all at Redditch which seemed to perk him up a bit, the picture was of you with James's Walker rod talking to Mike Read, then badger, Gary, James follow on and then Ray on the end, muggins here was one the end of the camera :Hahaha:

Have to say talking to him on the phone he said he cant wait to get out and go to Greece for his jolly's, they will have to pack him in ice to keep the sun off him for about the next 3 year and thats just here. Still great he is on the mend though. :Thumb:
Ray and his wife are saying a big thanks to you all for your kind words, its helping him along the road.

"BB"

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

Just to follow up on the past month, Ray has finally had all his skin graphs and is now out of hospital and back home, gonna be a long time before he can continue his passion of refurbishing fishing reels and if you could see the pictures I have seen you can only think its amazing he is where he is now, credit must go to the Wakefield hospital he was in for sure, they have done an amazing job.
Ray sends his thanks to you all for all the support and good wishes that were passed on through this forum :Hat:

"BB"

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

BeechmereLake wrote:Just to follow up on the past month, Ray has finally had all his skin graphs and is now out of hospital and back home, gonna be a long time before he can continue his passion of refurbishing fishing reels and if you could see the pictures I have seen you can only think its amazing he is where he is now, credit must go to the Wakefield hospital he was in for sure, they have done an amazing job.
Ray sends his thanks to you all for all the support and good wishes that were passed on through this forum :Hat:
That's really good news, thanks for keeping us updated. :Hat:

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Great news! A continued speedy recovery Ray.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Glad he's home and recovering.

TemeLAD
Crucian Carp

Post by TemeLAD »

Cracking news - no place like home for a speedy recovery :Hat:
"I can't wait to buy a bamboo pole and a filament of line and a tube of breadcrumbs. I want to participate in this practice which allows a man to be alone with himself in dignity and peace. It seems a very precious thing to me".

John Steinbeck

Return to “ABU Reels”