Wonder if Jack ever met up?

This forum belongs to Jack Hargreaves.
Paul D

Re: Wonder if Jack ever met up?

Post by Paul D »

Think we can all agree that Jack was a wonderful man and gave us a lot of pleasure :Hat:

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I'd go along with that Paul.
I think in truth I failed to appreciate him at the time...I was a teenager and motorbikes and girls had beckoned, but right now it's the best thing on my TV. Not an episode has gone by that I haven't realised I've learned something new.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Nobby wrote:I'd go along with that Paul.
I think in truth I failed to appreciate him at the time...I was a teenager and motorbikes and girls had beckoned, but right now it's the best thing on my TV. Not an episode has gone by that I haven't realised I've learned something new.

I'm with you Nobby. When How was on I think I saw him as a bit of a dodderer but age brings a realisation that you were late to cherish some of the special things. Obviously not the 'fashion' of the 70's but I expect SK will be scouring the charity shops in time for the next fish-in after all, he's got that pullover :doh:

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

When How was on I think I saw him as a bit of a dodderer but age brings a realisation that you were late to cherish some of the special things. Obviously not the 'fashion' of the 70's but I expect SK will be scouring the charity shops in time for the next fish-in after all, he's got that pullover
According to The Guardian at least all that 70s stuff is on the way back http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2015 ... aris-milan. So you'd better get down to the Oxfam shop right now before all the fashionistas descend and pick it clean. Now I wonder where I put those black velvet loons I had back in 1974............
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I wonder if loons will come back? I used to get my Mother, a seamstress by trade, to cut open my trousers and insert strips to make them into 'flares'.

In 1970's London you couldn't get a suit made with straight legs....loons and flares took over so much. Years later I was back at the same tailor's getting the legs cut straight.....

I can't recall Jack wearing a pair, though.....

As to SK's clothing......I don't know if he's caught up to the Seventies yet. If he grows long curly hair, wears a kaftan and calls everyone 'Man' this year, then he has!

peace.

http://www.bambamcostumehire.com.au/upi ... 60s_1_.jpg

Mushy
Arctic Char

Re: wonder if Jack ever met up?

Post by Mushy »

Stathamender wrote:The biography of JH by Paul Peacock is currently out of print, although second hand copies are readily available. It is, however, available for Kindle at what looks like a bargain price: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jack-Hargreaves ... hargreaves
Thanks for the link Sir, just downloaded !
Best Fishes
Mushy

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Just bought myself a 2006 1st edition hardcopy form Coch-y-Bonddu books.

They still have 3 available http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380792362890? ... EBIDX%3AIT
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

Its a very good read, I thoroughly recommend it :Thumb:......

GhyllManor
Grayling

Post by GhyllManor »

Ditto! I have just ordered a copy too :)

Ted

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Thanks Mark - one left...

Return to “Jack Hargreaves”