Jack Hargreaves past away on this day in 1994

This forum belongs to Jack Hargreaves.
Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Re: Jack Hargreaves past away on this day in 1994

Post by Carp Artist »

:cheers: I'll raise a toast for Jack
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

I had the pleasure in meeting Mr Hargreaves in the 70`s, when I attended my Horticultural College, a very interesting and informative gentleman. I can also thoroughly recommend the biography, Jack Hargreaves: A Portrait. Its a good read, and it goes a long way to explain the his varied life and the man behind the TV persona .....

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I have a nice picture of Jack in my wall case and seeing him as I walk by brings back many happy memories for me. He inspired me so much through his TV programme, he was in my living room. Thank you Jack :Hat:

Necarper

Post by Necarper »

Watching from 3000 miles away now, used to watch every show back then, brings back many memories.... nowt like it. RIP Jack hope they are all big un's now, one of the best.

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

I was another Out of Town Addict, that and How!

My interest in fishing was sparked by OOT when I was very young looked a great thing to do, took me till I was 14 to start though.

So thanks for an absorbing pastime Jack.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Just re-read this post... after watching some great programs on YouTube, good old Jack, and how fitting to pass away on "The close of the season"
Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Return to “Jack Hargreaves”