The speedia, ebay and vintage tackle sites

The Speedia Reels forum.
Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: The speedia, ebay and vintage tackle sites

Post by Nobby »

Ah yes the crate of immaculate Speedias :Hahaha:

The thing is....he appears to be doing a seriously, seriously good job on them.

I'd buy one in an instant, but they always go for big money.

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

I don't know why he doesn't just say they are beautifully restored Speedias. Surely 90% of folks buying them know they are restored. I've notice that his paint work has got better as well.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Post by Kevanf1 »

There is a lot of work goes into a 'decent' restoration. I know and I've only completed two Trudex's so far. It's all the intricate masking up of components that takes the time. It is certainly worth it in the end though and one can take a great deal of pride in it. I certainly wouldn't hide behind a fake statement of "appears to have been refurbished". I would be proud of it :)
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

BBamboo

Post by BBamboo »

I agree if its done to a good standard it takes time to get it right. I think there is some shill bids flying about in the listings the same reels have a habit of reoccurring back on the evilbay.
People do notice these things :Cursing: .

Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Post by Kevanf1 »

BBamboo wrote:I agree if its done to a good standard it takes time to get it right. I think there is some shill bids flying about in the listings the same reels have a habit of reoccurring back on the evilbay.
People do notice these things :Cursing: .
If I notice that happening I always report it to eBay. It is illegal after all even if eBay don't 'appear' to do much about it :( It's why it is so much more important now to set your limit and be strong with yourself. It's also why I use a sniping tool for all of my bids now. I set my limit and then ignore it. If it goes over my set limit then so be it but at least I am less tempted (it doesn't always work) to get caught up in auction fever. Yes, some I win and it does seem that I have snuck in under somebody else's nose. Ultimately I am only bidding (or the snipe tool is doing it for me) up to the maximum that I would have sat at the PC and bid anyway. I often lose out this way too so it's swings and roundabouts.
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

I agree I set my limit and stick to it.

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

My inner pedant is screaming 'write the description in English not code!'

This one doesn't look so good to me as you see the join line in the old and new paint on the back. I don't know if Nitromors would shift old Speedia paint but if so that's what he should do next to improve them still further.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Having just used Nitromors on a Speedia myself I can confirm that it eats it in seconds with very little agitation.

MacMan
Dace

Post by MacMan »

It appears to have been restored :)

Matt

Return to “Speedia Reels”