J.S. Sharpe

The J. S. Sharpe Ltd rods forum.
StalkingLuke
Crucian Carp

Re: J.S. Sharpe

Post by StalkingLuke »

Thanks for the pointer Jim I think you are right, do you know what line weight they are rated for?
Thanks
Luke
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

last night my father turned up with one hell of a beautifull cane fishing rod and asked if i could find out about it with i had made some more notes now, but it was a three piece rod with a spare tip section each section was around 4ft long or so it had the scottie dog smack bang above the cork handle so no room for the IMPREGNATED and that is nowhere to be seen at all had above the dog the words THE BR EMAR and had JS sharpe ltd aberdeen on the bag label i cannot find a rod of this type called the braemar which is what i think it says it did not have snake eyes and am sure it di not have intemidiate whippings as far as i can remember any ideas????

regards

bjp

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

HI BJP - the Braemar is indeed a Sharpes fly rod: and a jolly nice one too. See another for comparison here:
http://vintagefishingcompany.com/?p=489

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

The VFC wrote:HI BJP - the Braemar is indeed a Sharpes fly rod: and a jolly nice one too. See another for comparison here:
http://vintagefishingcompany.com/?p=489
I've just bought a Braemar but it's an 8 ft spinning rod. No 'IMPREGNATED', and appears varnished, whipping style exactly like the one pictured on the VFC... ...only mention of Sharpes is on the bag...

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

i forgot to mention that this rod has the reel fitting that is in one part fixed at the bottom and has the sliding fitting above

regards

bjp

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

Intriguing BJP - could you post some pictures?
Jim

Return to “J. S. Sharpe Ltd Cane Rods”