Sharpe's coarse and spinning rods

The J. S. Sharpe Ltd rods forum.
Bob Brookes
Zander

Re: Sharpe's coarse and spinning rods

Post by Bob Brookes »

Shropshire Lad wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:38 pm I have a 10ft sharps rod with aluminium screw reel seat, I have never seen another of the same length all the other rods I have seen are 9' 3", it does not have carp or avon on the rod only the scottie dog and impregnated 10'.
It sounds nice. Does it seem a heavier than a regular Mk4 Carp? :Beg:
Bob
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Shropshire Lad wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:38 pm I have a 10ft sharps rod with aluminium screw reel seat, I have never seen another of the same length all the other rods I have seen are 9' 3", it does not have carp or avon on the rod only the scottie dog and impregnated 10'.
I think that is the unnamed Salmon spinning rod they did. I'm sure there is a 9' 6" or another 10' that is light and intended for trout. Perhaps Sharpes mimicked Hardy in effectively offering a No1 and No2 spinning rod. The J. S. Sharpe perhaps being the equivalent of No3.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Shropshire Lad
Perch

Post by Shropshire Lad »

Yes Bob, I would say its got a tad more grunt than a Mk1V, and yes it is a great rod well balanced and steely and I really like the ally screw reel seat, I use it for barbel fishing, I'm a big fan of sharps of Aberdeen they made some great rods.
Regards Gary.SL

Return to “J. S. Sharpe Ltd Cane Rods”