F T Williams "The Marquis"

The F. T. Williams Rods forum.
Penninelad
Arctic Char

F T Williams "The Marquis"

Post by Penninelad »

I have just acquired this rod on the internet. It has been nicely refurbished and is in three sections with a total length of 12'.The varnish finish was a bit shiny so its on the turner having had a coat of satin yacht varnish. Its similar but not the same as the Dorset and Dorset De Luxe I own. Its all split cane. It has a screw in butt cap(unlike the Dorset and the Dorset De Luxe) which is very handy as I can screw in an extension. I get the impression that the re furbisher just liked the name so called it that, was it someone on the TFF? I have never concluded before that it is too hot to go fishing, but that is what I have decided today, so messing about with tackle!
Mark Davies

Paul D

Re: F T Williams "The Marquis"

Post by Paul D »

Very interesting, love to see a picture, I have a Dorset undergoing a rebuild, what's the difference between that and a de-lux? :Hat:

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

I cannot see a great deal of difference between the two models,although there is a bit more fancy whipping on the De Luxe.The handles on these rod are a bit short for me and as they do not have a screw in butt cap so you cannot screw in an extension.However they are lovely rods to use and the cane first class.Too heavy to hold all day trotting but otherwise a good general purpose rod.
Mark Davies

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

I suspect the deluxe has the coloured reel bands as well as the fancy whipping. Mine has all green metal work.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Return to “F. T. Williams Cane Rods”