Barder rod for sale

The Edward Barder Rods forum.
Snape
Bailiff

Re: Barder rod for sale

Post by Snape »

Nothing is going on but I really did not want to give false hope to anyone and it is highly likely that the rod is beyond repair.
I bought one before and did not realise how bad the damage was (but it was not as bad a set as this one) and spent several weeks thinking I had been left with a useless rod. Edward wanted £800 to build a new tip section as he was convinced it was a knackered tip. I can't believe how lucky I was and I did not bid on this one as I could not go through the stress again and do not want to risk over £500.
I think there is a high likelihood that this rod cannot be straightened. I even messaged the seller who confirmed that that was very likely.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Robbi
Tench

Post by Robbi »

thank you for the explanation :)
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

St.John
Tench

Post by St.John »

I think I said at the time that I saw your Avon that I wouldn't pay 800 QUID for a new tip section!! No wonder he said it was knackered (i jest of course)!!
I'm really glad that the BA is still amazing-it is by far and away the best barder action/rod that I have ever seen and held. I demand first refusal if you ever (unlikely) part with it!! I think 500 is a pretty fair price for that ebay rod-I wouldn't have paid it but the bishop Avon is the only barder course rod I would buy anyway. At the end of the day it can be straightened and if the set returns it''ll be straightened again and sold at a vast profit on eBay. Shame, but there it is.
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

St.John wrote:I think I said at the time that I saw your Avon that I wouldn't pay 800 QUID for a new tip section!! No wonder he said it was knackered (i jest of course)!!
I'm really glad that the BA is still amazing-it is by far and away the best barder action/rod that I have ever seen and held. I demand first refusal if you ever (unlikely) part with it!! I think 500 is a pretty fair price for that ebay rod-I wouldn't have paid it but the bishop Avon is the only barder course rod I would buy anyway. At the end of the day it can be straightened and if the set returns it''ll be straightened again and sold at a vast profit on eBay. Shame, but there it is.
Give the identity of this rod is now known (number and original owner) then if it comes up on ebay in the next few years I (and others I am sure) will notice and flag it up.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Robbi
Tench

Post by Robbi »

and what if it has been repaired as well as your one ?
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

St.John
Tench

Post by St.John »

Snape wrote:
St.John wrote:I think I said at the time that I saw your Avon that I wouldn't pay 800 QUID for a new tip section!! No wonder he said it was knackered (i jest of course)!!
Give the identity of this rod is now known (number and original owner) then if it comes up on ebay in the next few years I (and others I am sure) will notice and flag it up.
I hope so! However, any damage to the rod is only speculative until it is held and played with. I wish the new owner the best with it and if it's ok then he/she got an absolute steal!!
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

Return to “Edward Barder Cane Rods”