Edward Barder MK 1V Rod

The Edward Barder Rods forum.
Woolly Bear
Chub

Edward Barder MK 1V Rod

Post by Woolly Bear »

Gentlemen , Edward Barder MK V carp rod up on E Bay . 1,199 Pound . Any takers ,looks mint . Regards . Woolly Bear . :Hat:

Woolly Bear
Chub

Re: Edward Barder MK 1V Rod

Post by Woolly Bear »

I mean M K 1V , Regards . Woolly Bear . :Hat:

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

A lovely rod but second hand don't go for that kind of money.
I have bought 4 second hand Barders and never paid over £600.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Woolly Bear
Chub

Post by Woolly Bear »

Snape , well im amazed , thought it would go for more . Surely the demand is high . Regards Sir . Woolly Bear :Hat:

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Woolly Bear the demand will always be high that's why some people put them on eBay like Snape I have 3 Barders but have never paid more than £700.
I have around 40 cane rods and think only 2 came from flee bay look for small auctions also Mullocks some times they go foe a reasonable price there particulary if there other collectables on offer.
I would never pay the price on offer unless I could see the rod first anyway which I have done through flee bay but on the majority of occasions when you have travelled for 3 hours its rubbish when you get there .
Having said that drove for for 4 hours from home to get a Barder Merlin that was previously owned by a famous author for £650 sometimes just sometimes it pays off but very rare.
Bumble

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

In agreement, I`m also a confirmed Barderphile and paid up member, I would never pay that price and secondly the rod is not anywhere near mint condition, quite the opposite.....

Woolly Bear
Chub

Post by Woolly Bear »

Bumble Sir , I suppose there is also no guarantee that the rod wont break too ,as there may not be any way of telling if there is any fault , combined with how it has been stored if you get what im trying to say . 700 seems a better price too :Thumb: I must say most things I have bought on the bay have had some small thing wrong with them that the seller never mentioned. They say its in mint condition which it is view wise but the ratchet has been removed . Ha Ha .Regards . Woolly Bear . :Hat:

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Woolly Bear wrote:Bumble Sir , I suppose there is also no guarantee that the rod wont break too ,as there may not be any way of telling if there is any fault , combined with how it has been stored if you get what im trying to say . 700 seems a better price too :Thumb: I must say most things I have bought on the bay have had some small thing wrong with them that the seller never mentioned. They say its in mint condition which it is view wise but the ratchet has been removed . Ha Ha .Regards . Woolly Bear . :Hat:
Edward once told me that he received the best advice about buying 2nd hand cane rods from his father .... "Don't!".
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Mr Snape sir, why is this in the Fly Fishing section?
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:Mr Snape sir, why is this in the Fly Fishing section?
It's not! :Sarcasm: :Chuckle:

Return to “Edward Barder Cane Rods”