OK ... I'm weak !!!!! ...

The Edward Barder Rods forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: OK ... I'm weak !!!!! ...

Post by AshbyCut »

Lea Dweller wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:14 amA lovely rod Mal, but it is strange that the rod had modern lined rings and threaded tip ring fitted. I can only assume that the original owner wanted it this way?
Well, the rod arrived yesterday ... and what a cracker it is !!!

Information gleaned from both the Colonelgsc, and Edward Barder himself, has added to the story of this rod, adding to it's charm, and explaining 'unconventional rings' (as Mr. Barder put it in an email).

The rod was ordered on the 5th. April, 1995, by the late Andre Komornicki (as is stated in script on the rod), and completed that year. It was he who specified the rings at the time of order, which were made in Studley by Hopkins and Holloway.

As some will remember, Andre Komornicki used modern as well as traditional tackle ... in fact at one point holding the World Carp Record with a fish of 91 ponds caught in France in 2008.

I'm glad he wasn't using this wand at the time !!!!!

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/37 ... tone_carp/
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

It's so nice to have the provenance . I thinking really can add to the pleasure of having such lovely items .

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

AshbyCut wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:19 pm
Lea Dweller wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:14 amA lovely rod Mal, but it is strange that the rod had modern lined rings and threaded tip ring fitted. I can only assume that the original owner wanted it this way?
Well, the rod arrived yesterday ... and what a cracker it is !!!

Information gleaned from both the Colonelgsc, and Edward Barder himself, has added to the story of this rod, adding to it's charm, and explaining 'unconventional rings' (as Mr. Barder put it in an email).

The rod was ordered on the 5th. April, 1995, by the late Andre Komornicki (as is stated in script on the rod), and completed that year. It was he who specified the rings at the time of order, which were made in Studley by Hopkins and Holloway.

As some will remember, Andre Komornicki used modern as well as traditional tackle ... in fact at one point holding the World Carp Record with a fish of 91 ponds caught in France in 2008.

I'm glad he wasn't using this wand at the time !!!!!

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/37 ... tone_carp/
Wonderful news that you bought Colonel's rod.
It is a fantastic all round rod and can cover most angling situations.
Well done and enjoy it! :Hat:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Well done indeed AC - I have also suffered from the same weakness you seem to have but not to such an extent. There probably isn't a cure BUT I am hoping imminent retirement might at least contain the condition.

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

I'm so glad that having been Fortune's agent in my meeting with a Merlin, you too have "joined the club"!
May it bring you every success, and an array of the larger types of "Tiddler".
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Vole wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:54 pm I'm so glad that having been Fortune's agent in my meeting with a Merlin, you too have "joined the club"!
May it bring you every success, and an array of the larger types of "Tiddler".
I netted one of his larger types of 'Tiddler' - it was just shy of 29lbs but I am unsure whether he would wish to emulate this with his new rod. Can I suggest it should be just an array of the medium types of 'Tiddler'. :Hat:

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Post by Black Prince »

Really nice rod enjoy it I bet you will miss a lot of bites looking at it I know I would :Ok: mike

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

A gem AC...mono, braid, float, swing tip, quiver it's wonderfully versatile which is just as well I suspect as one could not afford many of those.....or will you anyway????
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Colonelgsc
Roach

Post by Colonelgsc »

I'm so pleased 'Merlin 12' suits you, sir :clap: :clap: . Enjoy your new rod in rude health........you'll not be disappointed, I'm sure <(((><

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

Return to “Edward Barder Cane Rods”