Stuart Whiting

Re: have you seen this

Post by Stuart Whiting »

Chubman wrote:over priced,over rated,perfect for tackle tarts,
Absolutely, well said, glad that it ain't just me that can see sence :Hat:

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

you missed my point Stuart, yes to us mere mortals £1800. Is a lot of money...... for a rod, but if you really wanted it you could put it on a credit card or get a loan etc that's how I meant it. :Hat:

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

While I am sure it is a fine Rod, my personal opinion is that I would instead buy two new Andrew Davis rods for the same price.

Now lets keep this on track gents and above all else be civil. :Hat:
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I have already said my piece but if money was no object yes I would buy this rod.. but before I clicked the buy button I would probably stick another 200 Sovs to it and get that early MK4 also listed. Nah, I would have both and enjoy myself, if you can afford to have both who wants to be the richest man in the graveyard, spend your hard earned and enjoy your life whilst you can.

Stuart Whiting

Post by Stuart Whiting »

Paul D wrote:you missed my point Stuart, yes to us mere mortals £1800. Is a lot of money...... for a rod, but if you really wanted it you could put it on a credit card or get a loan etc that's how I meant it. :Hat:
Hi Paul, oh right ok, i didn't look and see it like that :doh: no worries mate,

Me personally I don't use credit cards as I don't really like em, I've got a little motto that if I ain't got the cash I don't have it, or I send a cheque :Hat:

Macko
Grayling

Post by Macko »

:Hahaha: Tackle tart,mmmm, wouldn't have called myself that, but I suppose I must be.
All the gear, no idea. :Hahaha: :Hahaha: :Hahaha: :Hahaha: :Hahaha: :Hahaha:

ATB Macko

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Macko wrote:And what would that be Beresford.
The second hand Bishop he has listed. As he notes it's a particularly fine example. Sometimes I see lovely rods with what to me are strange ring choices. I like the usual low-bells with amber agate butt and tip rings but in the James cradle style not the straight legged versions. I know it's a detail but on any rod, let alone one costing multiples of what my my daily run-around car cost me, everything would have to be utterly perfect in every single detail. This one looks very good. I'd prefer it without intermediates. Anyway I only won £25 on the Premium bonds this month so I won't be buying it.

Being self-employed ensures that I'm very careful with cash and if I can't pay for something with pound notes then I can't afford it. Nothing on the never, never, ever. I suspect if you stuck it on a credit card, if Barder even accepts them, that would push the real price you pay to over £2,000. Really bought as new, they have become the preserve of the wealthy. Great that many members here bought them years ago at good prices. I wish I had done so as well.

I'm not sure if coming off topic is such a crime on-line. Forums like this promote debate which sometimes tails off elsewhere but is that really so bad? I see this as a bit like being in a pub with everyone talking about fishing and just like in the pub situation an hour later somebody might say 'to get back to what I was saying earlier…' Anyway I'm going even further off topic now.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Macko
Grayling

Post by Macko »

Beresford, you could easily afford the Bishop, just double your prices. :tea:

ATB MACKO

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

There's a brillent rod maker who makes rods that the average angler could afford ,and his workmanship is as good so the conclusion is your paying for a name.

Return to “Edward Barder Cane Rods”