The Barder Yates Combo

The Edward Barder Rods forum.
Colonelgsc
Roach

The Barder Yates Combo

Post by Colonelgsc »

Spotted this on the Bay yet chaps????? Apologies if you're bidding on it.....or maybe selling it :ok:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160741643043? ... 1438.l2649

I recall a 'FJT Roach', Peter Stone owned and Barder restored, going for £599, last year I think..........the power of Yatesy, eh?? Lovely weapon though.

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

Snape
Bailiff

Re: The Barder Yates Combo

Post by Snape »

Ongoing thread discussing it and speculating the final price here colonel
http://www.traditionalfisherman.co.uk/v ... 9&start=70
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Cooksey

Post by Cooksey »

Hi all, how much did this rod go for, I cannot find any record on e bay.
Lawrence

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Lawrence, it was taken off eBay, I found this message attached to the link.

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available"
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Cooksey

Post by Cooksey »

Thanks Mark, I wonder what happened there ? I am aware of the seller and I have been keeping a close eye on other items he said may come up for auction.
I can only speculate that it failed to reach a good enough price.
Regards

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

I expect what happened is that the seller was made an offer they felt they couldn't refuse, either via ebay or privately.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Greentura
Crucian Carp

Post by Greentura »

Hello. I am the owner of that rod Peter owned which was restored by Mr Barder. I bought it from the seller a few weeks after he took it off eBay as it didn't attract a bid at the time, it had been listed before and was one of a pair. The second one came on the market after i had been asked if i was selling mine and gave the answer "no, it will have to be pulled from my cold dead hands before i get rid of it", after that i got an email 'Andy, are you alright' from someone that didn't know there were two rods :hahaha: highly amusing to me :chuckle:

The rod is exactly what you'd expect from a Barder restoration, perfection, but with the scars of it's life preserved under the varnish. The deal with the rod coming to me was the same as when Peter gave it to it's last owner in '95, restore it and use it or let it go to someone that will use it. True to his wishes i use the rod regularly and I started the season with it this year with a 6lb 12oz tench and some nice roach. It's one of three F.J.T. rods i have, 2 being rebuilt with fully lined hardlon guides, two top sections, a normal one and one as from a mk4 Avon, and second shortened butt sections which makes them 11'6" overall, 12'6" with the original, i also have a short mid section that completes the set so the rods can be used at 9',10',11'6" and 12'6" with light or heavy tips to cover most situations float and ledger, stalking and surface fishing, 8 rods in one.

Andy

Return to “Edward Barder Cane Rods”