Edgar Sealey Brook Trout Rod

The Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Rods forum.
Fisherman1947
Dace

Re: Edgar Sealey Brook Trout Rod

Post by Fisherman1947 »

Beresford wrote:I have a RimFly Lightweight at 3 1/4" I paid £6 and it's mint, boxed. You can pay an awful lot more for reels from the likes of Hardy or Orvis but most of the time with small course fish you won't need to play the fish off the reel so it doesn't need to be anything fancy or expensive.
How much do you want for it.
Old fishermen never die they only smell that way.

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

It's not for sale, I was simply trying to illustrate what I think would be a good buy and worth considering.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Fisherman1947
Dace

Post by Fisherman1947 »

Beresford wrote:I have a RimFly Lightweight at 3 1/4" I paid £6 and it's mint, boxed. You can pay an awful lot more for reels from the likes of Hardy or Orvis but most of the time with small course fish you won't need to play the fish off the reel so it doesn't need to be anything fancy or expensive.
How much do you want for it and do you want a cheque or paypal .
Beresford wrote:It's not for sale, I was simply trying to illustrate what I think would be a good buy and worth considering.
ok thanks . I will have a look round.
Old fishermen never die they only smell that way.

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

I fish with one of these and have always considering the name "The Brook" to be somewhat misleading.At 10' is certainly too long to be used on small rivers and brooks and it will cast 6 to 8 weight lines.I use mine for trout fishing on reservoirs and for sea trout fishing on both loughs and rivers.its got a rather slow action.
Mark Davies

Return to “Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Cane Rods”