Hardy Perfection Roach Rod.

The Hardy Rods forum.
The VFC
Brown Trout

Re: Hardy Perfection Roach Rod.

Post by The VFC »

Wise words Moley - you must come down to Norfolk sometime to fish the Wensum: recent reports say that the roach population is back to what it was 40 years ago (and there's a great article to this effect by John Bailey in the latest CA). I might leave a cake crumb trail all the way to the river bank for you.....
Last edited by The VFC on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greentura
Crucian Carp

Post by Greentura »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271101405525? ... 1423.l2649

just gone over my limit, even factoring in that i won't need to do a restoration. next time maybe :wink:

Greentura
Crucian Carp

Post by Greentura »

I missed the one with the broken top this evening, out bid by £2, still, i think a chat with Andrew Davis will be coming up and one of his blanks might be what i need, i would have needed a tip section anyway :Wink: hope to be looking at a friend's original some time this week to judge if a replica will satisfy my needs or if i still want to hold out for an original

RyanBurns

Post by RyanBurns »

Sorry Greentura, it was me who bought the roach rod on sunday. The seller dropped it off to me today, What an absolutely superb rod, I had been after one for a while for the tapers and im not disappointed with this one, the tip which i shall be replacing, although short is dead straight and lovely steely cane, and the butt section delightfully light. I shall enjoy restoring this one and also making a replica pretty soon! Image Image Image

CWK
Perch

Post by CWK »

Collected my replica Perfection Roach 11' rod today from Andrew J Davis .. To say I'm delighted with it is something of an understatement . Besides being a thoroughly nice bloke Andrew is a master craftsman and takes great care and attention to even the smallest detail .

My only problem is going to be the opportunity to wet a line with it on one of Hampshire or Dorset's chalkstreams .. I do believe that most , if not all , are currently over their banks with even more rain forecast for this week .. Oh well , they say that patience is a virtue!.

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

CWK could not agree more have su version of this rod by Andrew truely superb when Mr Proctor caught glimpse of a rod similar to yours at Eastleigh he could not resist ordering one.
Not sure where you live but you could always give it a dangle at Barton Court one weekend nr Hungerford Berks
Bumble

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

They are wonderful rods, and as Bumble says I couldn't resist. It will be a true red-letter day when I receive it! Andrew is a true craftsman, and a fine fellow too. It's one of many things for which I have to to thank Bumble, as he extolled the excellence of Andrew's rods, particularly the Perfection Roach, and made sure I waggled one at Romsey.

Woolly Bear
Chub

Post by Woolly Bear »

Badger1 blow me I was born in Long Eaton ,regards Woolly Bear ,now Deepestish Cornwall . :Hat:

CWK
Perch

Post by CWK »

Bumble wrote:CWK could not agree more have su version of this rod by Andrew truely superb when Mr Proctor caught glimpse of a rod similar to yours at Eastleigh he could not resist ordering one.
Not sure where you live but you could always give it a dangle at Barton Court one weekend nr Hungerford Berks
Bumble
Hi Bumble , yes my rod has the improved taper tip that Andrew recommended .. It's an absolute delight to hold , light but steely with a beautiful action .

I live in West Drayton near Heathrow so Barton Court isn't too far away . Used to fish there years ago when it first opened for coarse fishing but stopped going when it started to become too popular . Nowadays I prefer to drive down to Hampshire or Dorset to fish less pressurised rivers . That's where I hope to baptise the rod with a few quality roach or grayling , however , as mentioned previously the chalk streams there are out of sorts just now .

CWK
Perch

Post by CWK »

GarryProcter wrote:They are wonderful rods, and as Bumble says I couldn't resist. It will be a true red-letter day when I receive it! Andrew is a true craftsman, and a fine fellow too. It's one of many things for which I have to to thank Bumble, as he extolled the excellence of Andrew's rods, particularly the Perfection Roach, and made sure I waggled one at Romsey.
Garry , if it's as good as mine , and it will be , then it will be well worth the wait ..

Whisper it softly but in my opinion they're worth twice the price Andrew charges..

Return to “Hardy Cane Rods”