GrahamB
Minnow

Hardy Palakona The Almost Perfection fly. #5

Post by GrahamB »

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

1961 edition.
I think my rod has had minor surgery at some time? 4'7" butt and 4'4.5"tip, approx , so 8'11.5" overall. Assume it was 9' originally? Just wondered if anyone could advise on the original measurements? I've attached a few photos, which I think shows a whipped repair?

I'd like to think I was the monster of the deep and a British record fish that got the better of her, but probably the usual car door incident??!

It's nice and straight and in pretty good condition otherwise. I'ts certainly still able to cast a line and hopefully land a fish or two! Is it still collectable, or does that half inch make all the difference? :laugh1:

Thanks again, G
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scott
Tench

Re: Hardy Palakona The Almost Perfection fly. #5

Post by Scott »

Nice rod G! Actually I think a lot of fly rods from that era had a tip section slightly shorter than the butt. I might be wrong, there are more knowledgeable people on here who'll be certain. :Hat:

GrahamB
Minnow

Re: Hardy Palakona The Almost Perfection fly. #5

Post by GrahamB »

Thank you Scott, very kind. It's a nice rod, I'd like to find out a bit more if I can... Thanks

Return to “Hardy Cane Rods”