Hardy Richard Walker Avon

The Hardy Rods forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Hardy Richard Walker Avon

Post by AshbyCut »

Paul D wrote:That's absolutely lovely Sir, is that inscription ink or a decal? I do wish I could write like that. A fine rod :Hat:
Hand inscribed, Sir.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

AshbyCut wrote:
Paul D wrote:That's absolutely lovely Sir, is that inscription ink or a decal? I do wish I could write like that. A fine rod :Hat:
Hand inscribed, Sir.
How wonderful :Hat:

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

AshbyCut wrote:My thanks to the TFF member who has allowed me to become custodian of this lovely piece of angling history ... and yes, I will fish with it !!!
Congratulations Mal.I doubt that you will be disapointed with its superb fishability.I have the RW Carp version and the earlier The Carp but it took a little while to find the RW Avon.Its so light i can hardly believe it.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Well done Mal, it really is a delightful rod. :Hat:

Mind you, I still think they could have spent a few bob more and put a lined butt ring on. :Chuckle:

Wal.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Wallys-Cast wrote:Well done Mal, it really is a delightful rod. :Hat:

Mind you, I still think they could have spent a few bob more and put a lined butt ring on. :Chuckle:

Wal.
I'll be in touch if I decide to upgrade it to a 'Deluxe,' Sir !!! :Hahaha:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

I've always wondered why they didn't but I think the Hardy ring might be lighter than an agate.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Beautiful, I'm sure you're as pleased with it as I am with my 550 bought from Wal today!
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Well done Mal, a superb looking rod.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

Lovely looking rod, Mal. Just wish I'd had time to say hello properly.... and then I might have got to have a waggle too!
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Wagtail wrote:Lovely looking rod, Mal. Just wish I'd had time to say hello properly.... and then I might have got to have a waggle too!
You will, Sir ... you will ... and remember ... LL only got a waggle because he was sneaky enough to have the delightful Mrs. LL diverting customer's attention so he had time to chat !!! :Wink:

Return to “Hardy Cane Rods”