Hardy LRH No. 1

The Hardy Rods forum.
Salmofario

Hardy LRH No. 1

Post by Salmofario »

Dear fellow Traditional Fishermen,
Would any of you happen to have a good-quality Hardy LRH No. 1 which you would be willing to sell (or know someone)? I would be willing to pay a decent sum for a good example of this rod, and it would help me out greatly for some plans I have for the new season.
Thanks,
Salmo

Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: Hardy LRH No. 1

Post by Tengisgol »

Lovely rods - I have stripped one down and rebuilt it and it is just about to have its final coat before going into action.

The quality of the cane and workmanship, when I removed about 50 layers of varnish, was amazing (the previous owner must have given it a fresh coat every year of its life!).

But I regret it isn't for sale - good luck with your pursuit - they come up on eBay quite regularly and at a reasonable price when at auction.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

I have a LRH No. 2, bit of a project if you fancy a restoration job...

Salmofario

Post by Salmofario »

Thanks for the replies.

I am particularly attracted by the idea of the 'whippy' action of the LRH no. 1, and I think a no. 2 would be a little stiff for my liking, but thanks for the offer Scott!

I will bide my time and wait for the right one on eBay.

Tengisgol, good luck with the restoration and I'd be interested in your thoughts once you've finished and had a chance to use it in action.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Salmofario,
I have had a few Hardy LRH rods through my hands over the years and in my opinion the No1 is the best all round carp rod I have ever owned. I very rarely go fishing without mine in the rod bag or left in the car just in case I decide to target the margin carp. The action is simply superb and the length just right for stalking.
They are of course good spinning rods which is what they were intended for but I think the No2 is the better Pike rod.

Good luck with your search, pay a good price for a good rod and you wont regret it.

Wal.

Return to “Hardy Cane Rods”