Allcocks Easicast

The Allcocks Rods forum.
MaggotDrowner
Zander

Allcocks Easicast

Post by MaggotDrowner »

As I'm sure most of you know by now I am new to the world of vintage tackle. Can anyone tell me anything about the Allcocks Easicast? What should to pay for one in good condition? Are they a good rod for pike and carp?

Hope you aren't all getting sick of my questions. :hide:

Cheers.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

The VFC
Brown Trout

Re: Allcocks Easicast

Post by The VFC »

Never sick of questions MD! The Easicast is listed as "for salt water spinning" (and so has the over large butt ring) but, being rated for lines of 15-25lbs and 2oz leads should handle pike easily enough! It probably a bit stiff and short (9ft or so) for general carp fishing however. The best large pike rod, for ledgering and so forth, to my mind is the Chapman Dennis Pye - particularly if regular 15lb+ pike are caught.

Jim

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

I like that it is short as I do quite a of my pike fishing with lures. I bet it will be very stiff if it's a sea rod! Can you think of any other short pike rods?
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Gord
Crucian Carp

Post by Gord »

may be a hardy wanless or a salmon spinning rod if your lure fishing
when you are going through hell just keep on going (winston churchill)

Tigernuts
Ruffe

Post by Tigernuts »

Hi have mine from new ...50 years..still dead strait .teamed up with a ABU 50001c left hand wind so able to hold rod in right hand. Without the changing hands bit ...I have 3 spools loaded with mono .14/18/22 .spinning (heavy Spoons)/ wobbled roach/sink and draw is my killing method .Have also used it as short (9ft) carp staking rod.10 lb +pike or carp,will get the rod working..not many for sale £ 40/50..should do it .well worth buying if you see one .you might not make on it but you will allways get your. Money back .It will land that 30 lb ihave never had one that big but ihave only been fishing Comeing up to 70 years ....Hopefully Still Time.....you can Leave a Deposit with The Wife ....Have Fun ..tigernuts

Return to “Allcocks Cane Rods”