Chapman Blanks

The Chapmans Rods forum.
User avatar
Ljm183
Tench
Posts: 2884
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:34 pm
Location: Aveley, Essex

Chapman Blanks

Post by Ljm183 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:45 pm

Here,s a couple of new build,s built on Chapman Blanks

A 500 @ 10ft and a Kennet Perfection @ 11ft 9in.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Duckett
Rudd
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: Stratford E15

Re: Chapman Blanks

Post by Duckett » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:10 pm

They look lovely Lee. I may be wrong, but have you used the 500 De-Lux ring set-up? My 500 was made using the 500 ring pattern but without any lined rings.
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

User avatar
Reedling
Barbel
Posts: 4515
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:41 am
Location: Kent

Re: Chapman Blanks

Post by Reedling » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:49 pm

Out of curiosity I had a look at the Chapman web site re the blanks and I got a fake page warning from my security software. I thought I had better mention it in case any others go there. Scanned my machine and all seems ok.

User avatar
Ljm183
Tench
Posts: 2884
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:34 pm
Location: Aveley, Essex

Re: Chapman Blanks

Post by Ljm183 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:34 pm

Duckett wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:10 pm
They look lovely Lee. I may be wrong, but have you used the 500 De-Lux ring set-up? My 500 was made using the 500 ring pattern but without any lined rings.
If you look at the 500 De-luxe you will see it has 2 rings on the butt section and 4 intermediates on the tip,

My rod above has been re-rung to 550 spec that having 3 rings on the butt and 4 on the tip ... :Thumb:

User avatar
Ljm183
Tench
Posts: 2884
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:34 pm
Location: Aveley, Essex

Re: Chapman Blanks

Post by Ljm183 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:36 pm

Reedling wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:49 pm
Out of curiosity I had a look at the Chapman web site re the blanks and I got a fake page warning from my security software. I thought I had better mention it in case any others go there. Scanned my machine and all seems ok.
Mine used to do that untill i installed a Pop up Blocker.. Now the blocker tells me whatever is was has been blocked. :Hat:

User avatar
Duckett
Rudd
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: Stratford E15

Re: Chapman Blanks

Post by Duckett » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Ljm183 wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:34 pm
Duckett wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:10 pm
They look lovely Lee. I may be wrong, but have you used the 500 De-Lux ring set-up? My 500 was made using the 500 ring pattern but without any lined rings.
If you look at the 500 De-luxe you will see it has 2 rings on the butt section and 4 intermediates on the tip,

My rod above has been re-rung to 550 spec that having 3 rings on the butt and 4 on the tip ... :Thumb:
I shall take a look Lee. I've never felt the need for a 550 so never looked that that page. However, if the excellent 500 has a weakness, I think you may have overcome it! Which has set me thinking about what I may do when mine needs a refurb! Cheers.
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

User avatar
Ljm183
Tench
Posts: 2884
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:34 pm
Location: Aveley, Essex

Re: Chapman Blanks

Post by Ljm183 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:56 pm

Standard 500

Image

500 De-Luxe

Image

550

Image

User avatar
Crucian
Arctic Char
Posts: 1524
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:20 pm

Re: Chapman Blanks

Post by Crucian » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:23 pm

Very nice rods Lee, as a general purpose rod, the '500' takes some beating. I like your choice of whipping colour on the Kennet Perfection too :Hat:

User avatar
Ljm183
Tench
Posts: 2884
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:34 pm
Location: Aveley, Essex

Re: Chapman Blanks

Post by Ljm183 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:17 pm

Crucian wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:23 pm
I like your choice of whipping colour on the Kennet Perfection too :Hat:
Gudebrod 221

User avatar
Duckett
Rudd
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: Stratford E15

Re: Chapman Blanks

Post by Duckett » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:07 pm

Lovely rods Lee and thanks for the quick visual comparison. I do love my 500 ....... if I ever had to just keep one piece of split cane. Having said that, come the day when she needs sprucing up, I think I will be sorely tempted to transform her into a De Lux. I don't think that makes me a bad person. The blank is the soul of a rod and I think I'd sell it to myself as rewarding her for years of great service!
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Post Reply

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests