Chapmans to close down

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Re: Chapmans to close down

Post by Harry H »

Wishing you well in your new venture :Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Davejass
Rudd

Post by Davejass »

Wishing you well. On my doorstep too!!
At last!
Dave@ Hastings

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

I hope it goes well for you
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Greentura
Crucian Carp

Post by Greentura »

Quick update. All the Chapmans equipment that John isn't setting up in his garage is now in my workshop awaiting setting up, a bit of work to the building needed first. A pair of Llewelyn cane milling beds, cane culm browner, HUGE heat treating oven, even bigger dust extractor and the Ward 2A capstan lathe. As well as a couple of workshop tables, the metal cabinet yes and a 12' tall Cotswold hydrolic varnish dipping machine that used to dip up to 40 rods at a time according to Brian C. I feel privalaged to have all of this and to have had Brian show me how to use it, but I'm under no elision that this is going to be an easy ride, the Llewellyns need the surface rust cleaning off and setting up, but all the rest was seen working, and a lot of new and second hand equipment I have and have bought has been added to complete the equipment list. A couple of things I need to fabricate, a node press for one but that's underway, and I just received the wrapping machine from Belinger in the USA. Bought 60 culms from Brian to start with and have my own suppliers for cork, the usual Hopkins and Holloway for some guides and searching for a good reliable guide maker for butt and tipp guides, although I have a small stock already. The company has been registered, the trade mark has been registered too, Arcane Traditional Products Ltd, no web site yet until production is fit for purpose, some practice pieces made and tested. I will also be making landing nets, whole cane wicker float tubes, rod rests, the floats I have been making for a while and some leather products soon. I don't have much of a background in making tackle but I know what I like and with the feedback I've had from my, and other, Facebook groups I think I'm moving in the right direction. Quality, reliability and affordability, although there will be a few special rods that will be priced to match their quality. Unlike some rod builders I will also be selling blanks of popular rods, with or without cork handles. Thanks for your support and I hope to have something more than the handful of Craftversa replicas I have so far made to show soon, unfortunately not before Redditch next month though

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

Best of luck with the business.
Mark Davies

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Sincerest wishes of good fortune with your new venture. We wait with baited breath to see your first products, I take my hat off to you! :Hat:

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

I wish you every success in your endeavours.

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

My very best wishes in your venture. :Hat:

Tinca Tinca
Grayling

Post by Tinca Tinca »

Best wishes in your buisiness,Sir.

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

Good luck with your new venture Andrew, You certainly have the tools for the job.

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”