Quinette Mk 7

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Beresford
Sea Trout

Re: Quinette Mk 7

Post by Beresford »

Very nice indeed. Did they do a MkIV style carp rod as a quintette – is that the Mk8?

I've always been interested by the quintette concept.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Beresford wrote:Very nice indeed. Did they do a MkIV style carp rod as a quintette – is that the Mk8?

I've always been interested by the quintette concept.
It is the Mk8

The Quinette Mk 8. 10’ 2 piece Carp rod. 2 lbs. T.C. (5 strip Ledger Rod) 1955 - 1970

Chapman Also made a Quinette MK9
8 foot long
1 3/4lb tc
22in handle
50in butt section
48in tip section
late 50,s early 60,s
:Thumb:

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Both the Mk8 and the Mk9 sound like ideal rods to own. I might have to think on that some more.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Roachtench
Ruffe

Post by Roachtench »

I agree with all that has been said about these fabulous rods. I am privileged to have both a Mk8 and a Mk7, the latter a wonderful rod already refurbed by the Barder Rod Co when i bought it a decade or so ago

QuinetteCane
Rudd

Post by QuinetteCane »

Stone me !
Three Mk7's owners on here ! Must constitute a quorum ?
They come up for sale so rarely I do hope there are some more
languishing out there waiting to be found.

Roachtench
Ruffe

Post by Roachtench »

in answer to Wallys-cast, I have a Quinette 7 Avon and a Quinette 8 Carp. The Avon was bought as a Barder Rod co. refurb and is a wonderful rod, stronger than a standard avon taper as others have commented. The Avon is red whipped and the Q8 carp green whippings. From memory The 8 has a sliding reel fitting

Perhaps there are more out there than we think, or perhaps a few of us are very lucky.
Happy New Year to all forum members

Greentura
Crucian Carp

Post by Greentura »

ReelMaker wrote:Dear friends,a friend of mine in the early 60s had one of these rods which was whipped in black and it was definantly 5 sided built cane.Reelmaker
Mine is original and unrestored, burgundy with black tippets, same ring spacing as the Amwel and the same handle length. Both are listed as 1lb test but the Quinette has far more backbone but is more progressive in the way the power builds when something bigger takes the bait. The same thing can be said about the Mk8 Quinette when compared with a Mk4 S/U, a standard Mk4 is not comparable but generally feels better than an S/U version anyway too, at least to me

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”