Dawsons Grafham Fly Rod

The Dawsons of Bromley Rods forum.
Wandler

Dawsons Grafham Fly Rod

Post by Wandler »

Does anyone have any information on a Dawson's of Bromley fly rod called the 'Grafham'. The rod is 9ft. long in two sections. It is a light ochre brown in colour (that's the gentlemanly description of the colour!).

I think it is a hollow glass-fibre rod but I am not too sure about that. It has 9 rings all of which are lined with a pink substance which looks like some kind of ceramic.

If anyone can tell me anything about this rod particularly the weight of line it was built for I would be very grateful.

Wandler

Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: Dawsons Grafham Fly Rod

Post by Nobby »

You might telephone Alastair Agutter at Norman-Agutter, if not you can use the contact e-mail enquiry form on their site. He and Clifford Constable worked on rods in the same area as Marco and Peter Dawson.

Peter is still alive, still living in Bromley, I'm told, but I have no contact information.

Wandler

Post by Wandler »

Is Peter Dawson THE Dawson of Dawson's of Bromley?

Wandler

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Yes indeed, he was apprenticed to Modern Arms and left to set-up his own company in the very same part of London....bit of a cheek really and I'm sure there's a story to be told there.......

I met a chap a year or so ago who knew him and had been taking notes to write a biography.....sadly, I've heard nothing since.

Return to “Dawsons of Bromley Cane Rods”