Re: A 'River Diaries' Photo Found

Post by Dave Burr »

Excellent.

Colonelgsc
Roach

Post by Colonelgsc »

Mark wrote:
Mark wrote:A lovely chub Colonel, I shall reach for the said book tonight and read the account :Hat:
I love the line, "It's got a head like a cod!" said the river-keeper.
I strongly suspect he won't have caught a cod, Mark..........especially from Burgate :Hahaha: We did grass some lovely fish between us from that beautiful fishery over the period we had access, although it took me two years of trying to winkle out my first barbel. A 'hard' water, for sure, and you couldn't pick and choose when you went, having to pre-book the fishery well in advance. It was in the days when the fishery was under the London Anglers Association and 'clubs' booked the whole fishery exclusively for the day, providing at least a dozen members attended. I got the specimen group I ran, Bracknell & District SG, affiliated to LAA for that very purpose, and then The Pawnbrokers after I left the Bracknell Group, which was when Chris began joining us to 'make up the numbers'. As well as the cracking Chub and Barbel, there were some near 3lb Roach taken from the top 'canal' stretch, laying on with flake ay dusk...........memorable days were they, without a doubt :Thumb:

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

A fine chub for you and it has obviously awoken great memories from the time.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Return to “Chris Yates”