Yates a Pyromaniac ???????

This forum belongs to Chris Yates.
Colonelgsc
Roach

Yates a Pyromaniac ???????

Post by Colonelgsc »

I don't think this has appeared before but if it has, apologies for the Colonel's premature senility :fishing2:

http://testcrt.apps-1and1.net/casting-at-the-sound/

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Re: Yates a Pyromaniac ???????

Post by Carp Artist »

A very interesting read Colonel, I could just visualise Yatesy conducting an orchestra on the banks of Redmire, Gudgeon leaping, carp listening heads up and swaying in the margins . :Hat:
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

Interesting article, but what would he wear and he`d probably use a split cane baton sellotaped together...... :Chuckle:

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Thanks for sharing that Ray, very interesting and something about Chris I'd never read before. Chris has been my fishing idle all my fishing life, I don't know why I feel so compelled to read everything I can find on him but I think it's secret hoping that one day whilst fishing I may bump into him and be able to have the long conversation I've always wished for.

You amongst others were one of the people who urged me to write to him when I first joined this forum. I held off for over a year after managing to secure his address, frightened that I wouldn't receive a reply and as such my respect for him might dwindle away. 9 months later after Snape telling me that he'd spoken to Chris about a photo of a wild carp I'd sent Chris, I bit the bullet and wrote to him again, three days later I had two letters back in the same day. One replying to my last letter and another apollogising for losing the first letter and not being able to reply because he'd lost my address. Also laughing about the coinsidence of writing to him a second time, just a day after he'd found my first letter. I owe you my thanks. :Hat: we now write quite frequently to one another. He's never mentioned his music though or his musical talents.

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

Very good read indeed, many thanks for posting that Colonelgsc. :Hat:
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Post by Carp Artist »

Michael wrote:Interesting article, but what would he wear and he`d probably use a split cane baton sellotaped together...... :Chuckle:
My guess is he would use a waggler. :Hahaha:
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

Colonelgsc
Roach

Post by Colonelgsc »

Kingfisher wrote:Thanks for sharing that Ray, very interesting and something about Chris I'd never read before. Chris has been my fishing idle all my fishing life, I don't know why I feel so compelled to read everything I can find on him but I think it's secret hoping that one day whilst fishing I may bump into him and be able to have the long conversation I've always wished for.

You amongst others were one of the people who urged me to write to him when I first joined this forum. I held off for over a year after managing to secure his address, frightened that I wouldn't receive a reply and as such my respect for him might dwindle away. 9 months later after Snape telling me that he'd spoken to Chris about a photo of a wild carp I'd sent Chris, I bit the bullet and wrote to him again, three days later I had two letters back in the same day. One replying to my last letter and another apollogising for losing the first letter and not being able to reply because he'd lost my address. Also laughing about the coinsidence of writing to him a second time, just a day after he'd found my first letter. I owe you my thanks. :Hat: we now write quite frequently to one another. He's never mentioned his music though or his musical talents.
It was my pleasure to have been of service, KF :Thumb: . Good friends are the jewels in our lives.......and angling friends even more so :cheers:

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

GhyllManor
Grayling

Post by GhyllManor »

What a revelation and fascinating insight into such an already interesting character. Many thanks for the post.

Ted

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Quite wonderful Colonel, many thanks :Hat:

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

That was an interesting read. Thanks Colonel :Hat:
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

Return to “Chris Yates”