First mention of ‘Nightwalk’ in print.

This forum belongs to Chris Yates.
Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Re: First mention of ‘Nightwalk’ in print.

Post by Tench Dreamer »

I remember reading articles by CY at the time in that magazine . Some have popped up on here. But there was one that has left an impression from then till now , and shaped my fishing forevermore . It dealt with a trip to a forgotten pool, carp on corn, having a cheese and large mug of red wine lunch, a kip and returning home on a motor scooter/bike ....

I'd love to re read that, it's a 33 year gap, but as I say I remmeber it so clearly . I missed a passion for angling in 1993 ..but when I caught up in 2009 and saw the quill fished Waggler style I just came full circle

Blunderer
Bleak

Post by Blunderer »

The article is excellent, so a big thanks to Greg for sharing. Does anyone know who Matthew Black is? Is it an alias for Tim Paisley?

Some intriguing references to an article he wrote called "For the Record" which caused a load of trouble and seems to have culminated in Chris and others leaving the syndicate.

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

Blunderer wrote:The article is excellent, so a big thanks to Greg for sharing. Does anyone know who Matthew Black is? Is it an alias for Tim Paisley?
No problem.

Yes, Matthew Black was the nom de plume used by Tim Paisley for some of his early writing.
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

Return to “Chris Yates”