Walkers method.

This forum is for discussing Margin Fishing.
Julian
Salmon

Re: Walkers method.

Post by Julian »

GarryProcter wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:34 pm JPC - just checked some of Jim's books - in Big-Water Carp he uses the above method, but just uses 10 oz of an 'HNV' mix, rather than make the mix from the individual ingredients.

Must admit, if I'm floater fishing I usually just use dog biscuits - Baker's Meaty Bites, though I haven't used them for a few years and I have a feeling I read somewhere that they have been 'reformulated' or even withdrawn.
'Bakers meaty meals small dog beef' - are still available, but the chicken flavour for small dogs is not.
The larger ones are available in both beef and chicken, but you need to cut them down to the small dog size as they are more than double the size of the others, so i tend to just use the small dog beef ones - the carp always like them.
Last edited by Julian on Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Thanks for the info Julian.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Over the passed few years my bait for floater fishing has been bread, even on waters that have educated fish the right time and conditions for bread use can provide smashing results. In the past my favourite floater biscuit was made by Beta, the reason I tried this in the first place was due to feeding our pets etc on it. The lurchers and terriers loved it as did the Ferrets and I even mashed it up for my soft billed birds who not only ate it but reared their young on it as well. Beta 'Field' was always consumed with relish by the Carp and methods of use as described earlier were used with biscuit as well as bread.

Slumption
Bleak

Post by Slumption »

I have the the Tony Whieldon carp book and I must say he balances the art mastering a few simple methods with modern specimen hunting nicely.

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

I've been dabbling with Walker's Method again: today in the heat - a report's on my diary section of The Carping Gnome.

Return to “Margin Fishing”