Centre Pins and the Wallis Cast

This forum is for discussing Wallis Casting.
TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Re: Centre Pins and the Wallis Cast

Post by TraditionalAngling »

Maggot's Dad wrote:
TraditionalAngling wrote:Just found some old photostats copies from Improve Your Coarse Fishing with Chris Yates and John Wilson on Wallis casting 1992/3.That may help on how to Wallis cast

SM

Hi all, :Hat:

..just a short suggestion to add to your post SM,

..... and also bringing the left hand forward with the line on the cast, with thumb and forefinger forming an open loop, to guide the now free-running line between the reel and first eye, can also help to eliminate the line from blowing round the back of the reel (as it frequently does with the seaside winds we have "down here").
Thank you Maggots Dad
Steve Middleton

Chubman
Crucian Carp

Post by Chubman »

ive seen anglers who think they have cracked the art of the wallace cast,using a 15ft rod and a modern bearing reel,but what if they are given a 11ft cane rod and a true pin,how would they manage .i fish mainly with cane and a true pin,but also use carbon sometimes,my wallace cast with cane has to be a different style to when using carbon.i think the centre pin is not the most important part of the cast,the rod, and finger and thumb and timing all come into play,there is no correct way to wallace cast,its whats your comfortable with that counts most,just keep trying, and getting tangles,and it will get easier in the end.
chubman.

St.John
Tench

Post by St.John »

Chubman wrote:ive seen anglers who think they have cracked the art of the wallace cast,using a 15ft rod and a modern bearing reel,but what if they are given a 11ft cane rod and a true pin,how would they manage .i fish mainly with cane and a true pin,but also use carbon sometimes,my wallace cast with cane has to be a different style to when using carbon.i think the centre pin is not the most important part of the cast,the rod, and finger and thumb and timing all come into play,there is no correct way to wallace cast,its whats your comfortable with that counts most,just keep trying, and getting tangles,and it will get easier in the end.
chubman.
Well said mucker!
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

Return to “Wallis Casting”