River Nene

This forum belongs to the other rivers.
PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

River Nene

Post by PershoreHarrier »

I am sure I am like many fishermen that when I travel somewhere and pass over a river or canal bridge I cannot resist a moments glance at the water over which I am passing. For many years I have travelled to Norfolk for a holiday originally with my parents as far back as 1959 and more recently on my own or with my family. That journey takes me through Oundle and over the River Nene before joining the main road to Peterborough. So it has been for 50+ years I have admired that stretch of water on the edge of the town and it is somewhere I would really like to cast a line.

I am sure someone on here might know the stretch to which I am referring and perhaps could offer some advice as to Clubs / Day Tickets which would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: River Nene

Post by Loop Erimder »

Keith. ...There is a stretch I would like to try out too...and is very simple. On the bluebell lakes complex is a stretch of the nene which you simply buy a day ticket for. You can park your car behind the swim too. Just have a look on their website bluebell lakes. There is also a bit called willow Creek which runs through the complex. I'll be looking to have a trip there in the new year at some point. I have fished the lakes before but I do fancy a go on the river.....2 mile stretch apparently
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Loop sounds good - when would you be going? Sundays are best for me.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Not sure yet grandpa hopefully when it's not too cold but certainly before end of season
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

Room for a little one?
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

LuckyLuca wrote:Room for a little one?
Always. ...

Muscavado
Grayling

Post by Muscavado »

Gentlemen,
I lived in Peterborough for 25 years.
If you leave the A1 southbound, on to the A47 heading towards Peterborough, you pass Sacrewell Mill on your left.
A few hundred yards down on the right is a small layby.
Park there and cross the stile, then a very short walk across the meadow to the Nene.
I have spent many a happy and sometimes successful hour or two fishing there with my Son

Merry Christmas :Hat:

John

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Loop Erimder wrote:Not sure yet grandpa hopefully when it's not too cold but certainly before end of season
I have been trying to reply to you for a day or two but I have been having problems posting.

Anyway delighted you are indicating a trip when the weather is warmer ( care for the elderly being your thinking I am sure) - let me know your preferred dates in due course and I will see what can be done. Looking at the river from the bridge in Oundle I am sure some bread flake would create some satisfactory interest. A chance also perhaps for you to give your Craftversa a run out. I would be very pleased to see it.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

PershoreHarrier wrote:
Loop Erimder wrote:Not sure yet grandpa hopefully when it's not too cold but certainly before end of season
I have been trying to reply to you for a day or two but I have been having problems posting.

Anyway delighted you are indicating a trip when the weather is warmer ( care for the elderly being your thinking I am sure) - let me know your preferred dates in due course and I will see what can be done. Looking at the river from the bridge in Oundle I am sure some bread flake would create some satisfactory interest. A chance also perhaps for you to give your Craftversa a run out. I would be very pleased to see it.
No doubt I'll have the Senior Wallis Avon too.....may as well pop out a bait for the river carp as well

How about Sunday 12th of March......

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

I should think Sunday 12 March would be good for me so I will mark that up in my diary which I should have next week. I will pass on the date to LuckyLuca who indicated he would like to join us.

Senior Wallis Avon eh - I assume that is an Andrew Davis creation in which case bring that along as well. If there are Carp in the river I had better bring something just in case.

Return to “Other Rivers”