river itchen disaster about to happen thanks to the ea

This forum belongs to the other rivers.
Chubman
Crucian Carp

river itchen disaster about to happen thanks to the ea

Post by Chubman »

ive just found a small notice on the bridge over the itchen at mansbridge that the river is to have a dam built above the bridge so an inspection of this grade 2 listed stucture can happen, also 1mile down stream the lock gates can be looked at and the sea wall will be lifted,this work will commence in april so as not have any effect on any migratory fish,does the ea know that coarse fish spawn in april and may? or do they not care,i cannot find out any information on their web site about this matter, can anyone help me access any info before this distruction takes place.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Re: river itchen disaster about to happen thanks to the ea

Post by Santiago »

They normally have fish rescue teams to net all the fish in drained sections when they do this type of work, and relocate them up or downstream!!! So I ' m not too sure if one needs to be too worried about this!!!! That is, if the coarse fish have not yet spawned!!! And the disturbance may affect their spawning!!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Have a look a Southampton Listed Buildings Register and any details held by English Heritage - they should help.

Just a question - where will the river flow to before entering the sea?

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

No doubt taking care of the future salmon stock, hopefully without detriment to the native coarse fish stocks?
That is the question Messrs EA!

Return to “Other Rivers”