The beauty of Ashmead

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Skeff
Crucian Carp

Re: The beauty of Ashmead

Post by Skeff »

Dave Burr wrote:Need any volunteers Skeff? :whistle:
Thought I would stick a request on our Facebook page Dave... Not sure it would raise much interest though? :Hahaha:

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Skeff wrote:
Dave Burr wrote:Need any volunteers Skeff? :whistle:
Thought I would stick a request on our Facebook page Dave... Not sure it would raise much interest though? :Hahaha:
You'd be at risk of being crushed by the stampede :Happy:

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Well if you need a scarecrow to wedge into the shallows for a few days, I'm game. Just be careful with that pea shooter of you will. :Beg:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Skeff wrote:Thank you Kingfisher.... Heather is currently working on Autumn watch and Winter watch.... I hope to get her back down to Ashmead though, to make a purely fishing film at the wetland - hopefully stalking some rather large carp.

Thanks Skeff, you've just given me an idea of what to do with my daughter to stop her from climbing trees when I take her fishing with me.

I'll give her a camera and she can film any action. :idea:

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

A lovely time-lapse sequence taken by Jack Broughton from a fixed point behind the Gallops Island, looking through the Decoy Pond towards Goat Willow. Jack left a tripod in-situ all last year and took photograph or two each month. I like this and plan to play around with the idea a bit over the next couple of years.....
View My Video

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

I like that and good to see the bivvy wasn't still there between two of the shots :Cool:

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Ha ha! i think that was the only time that swim was fished all year Shaun and the first umbrella was mine..... It's a great interception spot but don't let on!

I'm off for Opening Night in a minute but when I get back I'm going to play around with some time-lapse sunsets and walks around the lake to see if I can master the tricks. It looks like it has endless potential for creativity, fun and mayhem.

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

I have a Hahnel Giga T Pro II interval timer wireless remote for my camera that I can set for delays between pictures for as long as I wish without having to be there to squirt the shutter release. Kept meaning to try a few myself but didn't get around to it before it decided to stop talking to my camera last month.

Our mutual friend Elie had recommended it to me. Knowing how much he researches things before parting with his hard earned I brought one without hesitation as it made self photography so much easier setting it at a 12 second delay to pick the fish up then 3 shots with 5 seconds between shots, another 10 second delay to turn the fish around and then 3 more shots.

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Hi Shaun - I've got exactly the same model for my Nikon on the recommendation of Martyn Skoyles. Great piece of kit but I haven't really explored it's full potential yet; i just have it set for self-takes exactly as you describe. Martyn has used his for some really clever multiple exposure shots and all sorts of weird effects. I can feel some camera practice coming on.... I'm in the deepest and darkest South West for Opening night and may try and photograph a few ghosts.

Give Elie my very best!

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Will do, I see quite a bit of him now that he has got into the B.C.S.G. he comes to my monthly meetings and has started to fish our Northern water. 20 acres of paradise, just 2 of us there again yesterday.

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”