The beauty of Ashmead

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: The beauty of Ashmead

Post by Dave Burr »

Crumble cake? Did you say crumble cake? Quick, grab the car keys! :drool:

Shame you didn't catch Greg but I'm certain you are right about the atmosphere of the place.... especially with no oiks :Chuckle: Circumstances have stopped me from visiting that area but I really must make a promise to myself to have a week there, I love Sedgemoor and Sedgemoor with big carp in front of you brings a whole new concept in heaven.

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Thanks Greg..... Crumble cake awaits for next year....

That's a lovely photograph Sir - can you email me a copy please for the gallery?

And Dave, you know you'll be welcomed whenever you venture this way.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

It'll happen one day Skeff I promise.

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

No probs Skeff, consider it done.

Dave - You must make it happen. You'll be so glad you did. By the way, I've had to bow out of this years visit to the Wye for various reasons. A bit miffed about that as I'd hoped we might be able to meet for a chinwag and maybe a few jars. Some other time for sure though. I think my brother and nephew are still going. I'll let you know how they get on.
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Another water id love to go too. I've just finished the Ashmead chapter in Skeffs book, brilliant stuff.

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Generations..... Just home from a wonderful two nights at the lake. I caught a lovely 25 pound mirror and a young 7 pound mirror that could have been it's offspring. Then my eldest son Iain showed his old man the way, with a lovely 27 pound common that fought like a demon. A short trip enriched by Ashmead generations; present and future.

To cap off a lovely couple of days, my friend Paul then landed a superb 25 pound common... If I designed a perfect carp from scratch I think it would look a little bit like this. The buds on the weeping willows have burst into leaf, the cherry trees by Tom's Pond are in blossom and the Ashmead carp are waking up: Spring is on it's way.

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Moving house in a month and will be a little closer to Ashmead which I intend to fish - hopefully - this year if I can squeeze in the reservation. Stunning fish and environment.

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

It would be lovely to see you down here Barbulus and to meet you and show you around! I hope the move goes well. Where are you going to be based? Dates for this year are already booking up quickly (not to the degree of the Redmire phone wars but we are about fifty percent booked already), so don't hesitate to reserve a place if you want.

Kind regards
Skeff

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Skeff. Excellent. That is something to really look forward too. Just bought a place near Tiverton - needs rather a lot of work required as it dates from 1733 ! The cellars reminded me of the catacombs in Rome ! I think less than hour from Ashmead; I haven't quite got around to telling Mrs Barbulus as yet about the fishing Ha Ha ! - the Exe also flows along at the bottom of the driveway so a mix of getting back to Salmon and Trout as well as my "first love" of Carp. Should happen end March so a few months to sort and unpack the MkIVs !

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Lovely! Less than an hour on a clear run and you're well placed for some lovely fishing in the area..... Look forward to meeting up!!

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”