My lost lakes and a sad tale.

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Re: My lost lakes and a sad tale.

Post by Nigel Rainton »

There are lots of people living in sheds at the bottom of the garden in Feltham, Middlesex. Shed City. Although we have 2 sheds they are both full of gardening equipment and boxes. Living rough 'in the woods' is quite common around here.

Hannay
Perch

Post by Hannay »

A sad tale indeed, Sir. I expect fishing this place over the past 20 years you must have some excellent memories and stories to tell. Perhaps you could regale us with one or two. We're always happy to hear a good yarn! As others have already said, don't give up hope. There are places out there to be found and even though this was one has sadly ceased to be maybe a new adventure awaits. Welcome to the forum, Sir.

Charlton801

Post by Charlton801 »

I actually discovered the lakes by joining an angling club that had a few waters in the area owned by local farmers and it took me quite a few weeks to find them as the address given was incorrect taking me down a small narrow lane with an angry farmer at the end who had had many enquiries about lakes that he said did not exist and was fed up with being asked about. It was only by luck on my way home that I saw a tiny sticker on a five bar gate advertising parking in a field for fishing.
It's a lovely spot and nobody else managed to find it so I had them to myself. Any way about 4 years on the owner of the lakes said to me "I have some bad news for you these lakes are no longer part of the angling club" my heart sank but he then said that as I was the only person that ever fished them that I could continue to do so. So I did for many years, got to know most of the carp realy well,was chased out of the place one day by a ram that had been introduced to the sheep that the owner kept, in the end I was just freelineing for all species, even had a 4.5lb perch on sweet corn of all things.

So now the hunt begins for somewhere new, and this weekend I shall be trying Chiddingstone castle lake for the first time in search of some wild carp that are said to be there but you never know what I might find on the way :Sun: :Hat:

Hannay
Perch

Post by Hannay »

This tale gets sadder, Sir. Having the place to yourself seems like paradise and i'm not surprised in the least that you are mourning its end. The fish seemed superb and I'm sure I won't be the only one on here who is jealous of the perch you caught. The fish of a lifetime for some of us!

Charlton801

Post by Charlton801 »

Fish of a lifetime for me as we'll, great big humped back sergeant only it had no stripes!
Being a bit of a photographer at least I have a few photographs as well as memories.

Hannay
Perch

Post by Hannay »

And that indeed is what it's all about, Sir.

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

I'd love to see the photographs Sir, if it's not too much bother.

I love to admire a nice stripey. :Hat:

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Pedro

Post by Pedro »

A truly sad tale.
I had a similar episode a few years back, a lovely farm pond that only held Rudd and Crucians to some considerable size.
However,life moves on and new lakes found

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Nothing stays the same in fishing, waters come and waters go. I have found heaven only to lose it in the past but somewhere else will come along. I am currently able to fish the ultimate lake of my dreams but I face each visit as though it is my last as I know it will all change one day.

Northern Eel
Chub

Post by Northern Eel »

This is indeed a sad tale, it looks to me like this "wife" is just saying no just to be a b**ch because
she is getting divorced, he is probably better off in the shed!
As if it matters to her if you fish the lakes or not, I don't suppose she could care less.

20 years is a long time though, why not fish them anyway & if by chance she catches you tell her that her husband said you could fish it :Happy:
"Chasing frothy bubbles while the world is full of troubles"

"Simple pleasures maybe, but very real ones, which seem all the more precious in these restless modern days."

'BB' Denys Watkins-Pitchford

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”