Priory Park, Bedford

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Deaf Cat
Grayling

Re: Priory Park, Bedford

Post by Deaf Cat »

Not I, but the "Fishing Conditions" notice here: http://www.priorycountrypark.co.uk/
refers to Carp, Pike, Zander and Barbel.
The close season applies to the lakes as well as the river.
Day ticket £4, free fishing on parts of the river.
Duffer - The man without skill of hand, without good eyesight and no longer young - the man who really ought to fish!
(H.M. Bateman / R.D. Peck)

Trainset
Gudgeon

Post by Trainset »

I've just been looking at this place myself and am after any info available on how it fishes etc.
Day tickets are no longer available but its not silly money and has a few different options-

Adult Day & Night £67.00

Adult Day £43.00

Adult Night £31.00

Junior / OAP / Disabled Day & Night £33.50

Junior / OAP / Disabled Day £21.50

Junior / OAP / Disabled Night £15.50

I am waiting to hear about the wheelchair access for myself but if anyone has been there and/or fished it any info would be greatly appreciated.

Not been on the site for a while, so have a lot of catching up to do with post!
I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself.

Stuart Whiting

Post by Stuart Whiting »

I've fished the back stream of the Ouse which is known as the cut and is actually free fishing, this is quite close to the back of the country park, it's probably at least 10 year ago when I fished it last and had some rather nice swims with plenty of cover around you and to fish to, I fished there because at the time it had numerous amounts of quality chub to around 5lb and barbel of similar size, I should think the chub and barbel are still there, no reason why they shouldn't be and should now be of a good size with a few possible doubles that could show :Thumb:

That particular stretch was also renowned for its large perch :Ok:

All the best

Stuart

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”