Blenheim Palace

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Dave

Re: Blenheim Palace

Post by Dave »

There seems to be a bit of interest for an autumn date...I'm happy to organise the booking and boats...if we can agree on a date. We'd have to make sure there were boats available because it can get booked up...

As a preliminary suggestion how do the following dates sit with you? I presume weekends are best for most
Sat Nov 26th
Sun Nov 27th
Sat Dec 3rd
Sun Dec4th
Sat Dec 10th
Sun Dec 11th

...any later in December and Mrs Dave might start getting twitchy :lol:
If you are interested perhaps you could rank the above?

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Beggining of December would be best for me Dave....thank pal....... :thumb:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Sun 4th/11th Dec would suit me.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

I have to be careful here, the wife's birthday is on the 8th, so I need to keep one weekend either side free............ :wink:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

I'll bow out of this one chaps as I am already in the dog house with Mrs J.T for all the November trips but if you are up for another trip next spring I will make sure I have built up enough brownie points to attend. :wink:
Last edited by J.T on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"piscator non solum piscatur"

DontKnowMuch
Roach

Post by DontKnowMuch »

I think this will have to wait until next year for me chaps but I'd love to get down there.
One thing I'd need to do before my visit is to get hold of a suitable cane rod for either the tench or perch (yes I did see that figure of 5lb mentioned :wink: ) as all my rods are carp rods.

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

DKM, I've used my MKIV to catch roach and perch, it actualy performs well as a small fish rod I have found. :)
"piscator non solum piscatur"

GloucesterOldSpot

Post by GloucesterOldSpot »

Dontknowmuch wrote:I think this will have to wait until next year for me chaps but I'd love to get down there.
One thing I'd need to do before my visit is to get hold of a suitable cane rod for either the tench or perch (yes I did see that figure of 5lb mentioned :wink: ) as all my rods are carp rods.
Having fished Blenheim for the tench a few times, I can confirm that a pair of MkIVs would be perfect. The most effective method for us has been the feeder at about forty yards, with the punt anchored in the margin and fishing out into the lake. I don't think any of us (about eight usually) have taken a tench on the float in four or five trips there. A MkIV Avon is OK with a straight lead, but won't throw a loaded feeder far enough.

Tony1964

Post by Tony1964 »

Snape wrote:Sun 4th/11th Dec would suit me.
Me too!

DontKnowMuch
Roach

Post by DontKnowMuch »

In light of the advice above I'll rest assured that no further purchasing of cane will be neccessary for my trip. Unless, that is, I see something that takes my fancy :wink:

I'll see how I stand for time nearer the date because I would like to go. Too late in the year for tench really but I'm sure those perch will still be feeding.

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”