Wild Welsh carp

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Barbus Maximus
Stickleback

Wild Welsh carp

Post by Barbus Maximus » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:16 am

My second visit to pant y llyn was in stark contrast to my first. My previous visit had seen an early start finding me wondering the hills in a thick fog. By the end of the day I had caught several wonderful wild carp and fallen in love with the place.
This week found me unable to resist the desire for more and so I made the three hour trip to find myself faced with a dark and moody sky and extreme winds. After an hour I abandoned my original plan to fish by the dam which had brought me so much success last time and I moved to the opposite bank where at least I could see my float whilst waiting for a bite. To cut a long story short by the end of the day I had enjoyed the feeling of solitude and contentment that the remote venue brings whilst catching three more glorious wild carp.
Much has been written about this lake before and I am unable to do it justice with my words but for any one who enjoys catching hard fighting carp and wishing to find the mystery so often lost in today's carp fisheries I urge you to give pant y llyn a try. For me it symbolises everything I look for in "traditional" angling and I hope it can for you too.
Regards Barbus.

Lea Dweller
Tench

Re: Wild Welsh carp

Post by Lea Dweller » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:13 am

Well done, it sounds wonderful and well worth the long walk!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Barbus Maximus
Stickleback

Post by Barbus Maximus » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:05 pm

Thanks lea dweller. Yes it is wonderful. I rarely fish stillwaters in recent years but do have a love of wild carp and pant y llyn has certainly captured a piece of my heart. Can't wait for the next opportunity to go again.

Liphook
Crucian Carp

Post by Liphook » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:10 pm

I've had a search through old posts and it does sound an intriguing water Barbus. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I'll put it on the long list of waters to visit :Hat:

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:35 pm

A nice video of Pant-y-Llyn including our own SK.

https://youtu.be/mciZuM4qFHA?t=275
I will make you Fishers of Men said Fish to Fishes
For Fish is Fisher of Man who Fishes
~ Steve Hillage

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”