Westmill farm Ware

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Westmill farm Ware

Post by Ljm183 »

While visiting Chapmans at Ware in Hertfordshire today i dropped into Westmill farm and found they have three nice lakes that you can fish for the price of a day ticket, it has it,s own tackle shop and parking by the lakes, it also has a small lodge at the lakes with tea/coffee making facilities and a microwave for hot food.

http://westmillfarm.co.uk/

http://www.ribvalleyfishinglakes.co.uk/

Had a walk round the westmill lake and spotted carp cruising around the top of the lake looked to be good mid 20,s

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Westmill farm Ware

Post by Mark »

Looks a nice place ljm.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

It has a good tackle shop and friendly staff and the lakes are pretty,the big one used to have trout in it and they were moved to the middle lake and the old trout lake was opened up to pike fishing,happy days,or so I thought,ANYONE can get a day ticket and and I don't think it was bailiffed properly,went downhill in no time.But that was about 3 years ago now

Corneybury
Dace

Post by Corneybury »

I have fished the trout lake here on several occasions. I've had Rainbows of up to a pound or two on a variety of wet flies. The lake is well stocked, and depending on the deal you buy, you can take home a couple and then catch and release is the order of the day. Good for beginners to fly fishing as there is not a lot of bank side vegetation to get caught up in. The table shop there stocks everything you need and will hire out fly tackle and give advice if you are trying for the first time.

I have not tried the coarse fishing lakes there yet, and I believe there is stretch of the Rib too, but I'm not sure if it's part of the complex's remit

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

They also manage/run a Trout Syndicate elsewhere on the River Beane.

Diddy
Stickleback

Post by Diddy »

Hi, I have never fished the lakes although I think that there are some nice Perch in there. Just to let Corneybury know that the river Rib is a private club owned river, I've fished it since the sixties as a member of the 'Abbey Cross Angling Society'

Diddy
Stickleback

Post by Diddy »

Hi, I have never fished the lakes although I think that there are some nice Perch in there. Just to let Corneybury know that the river Rib is a private club owned river, I've fished it since the sixties as a member of the 'Abbey Cross Angling Society'

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”