ASHMEAD

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

ASHMEAD

Post by Bobthefloat »

A RETURN TO ASHMEAD

:fishing1: :readnews:
Last edited by Bobthefloat on Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:32 am, edited 4 times in total.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Re: ASHMEAD

Post by Bobthefloat »

Two weeks until round 3 :fishing1: :cheers: :huray:

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

BobTheFloat wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:30 pm Two weeks until round 3
Yes indeed and 5 days this year. :Happy: :Happy: :huray: :huray: :fishing1: :fishing1: :fishing2: :fishing2:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

CrayCane
Chub

Post by CrayCane »

It looks and sounds wonderful. Good luck to you all.
Pete

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Hope you have better luck than I did chaps... I managed 1 Tench and over 100 Rudd to just over the pound mark... it was boiling hot and the fish seemed lethargic... That said the atmosphere and the company were fantastic and Mark made us all very welcome... Shona's cooking was lovely too.
On the walk round with Skeff, we saw loads of Carp sitting on the top sunning their backs... and sadly that pretty much how they stayed for the whole of the trip... I spent the second day stalking, but the Rudd were voracious taking 3 large grains of maize on a size 6 widegape intended for Carp..

Good luck lads :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

The bait is on order. Tick
The tackle is being honed to perfection, hooks sharpened, rigs sorted, reel line must be changed. Tick
Shelter and bed chair checked and tried out. Tick
Food and drink to ensure no dangerous weight loss while away for FIVE DAYS. Tick

I am really looking forward to meeting up with old pals from last year and making some new one this. This is going to be a real test for me, as 5 days under canvas fishing will be a whole new experience. What is that about old dogs and new tricks?

I really hope that everyone has good memories to look back on after our week. A carp or two would be nice as well!
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

I'm packed and ready I'm sure this will be a trip to remember ! Would love a drop of rain to freshen things up :fishing1: :fishing1: :fishing1: :fishing1:

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Looking forward to seeing you all. It's fishing quite well at the moment and the recent rain has freshened everything up: boy did we need it!

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Skeff wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:18 am Looking forward to seeing you all. It's fishing quite well at the moment and the recent rain has freshened everything up: boy did we need it!
Really looking forward to it, Skeff.
Were meeting for lunch at 12.30 and then on to Ashmead and 5 days of wonderful fishing in great company. :dance2: :dance3: :dancing:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Tight lines chaps, look forward to hearing about your exploits in due course! :Thumb:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”