Sunshine & Showers st Local lake

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Sunshine & Showers st Local lake

Post by TraditionalAngling »

Had a afternoon session at my local lake as I just needed to fish whatever the weather.Started at 12.00 finished at Five.I was the only one on the lake.My normal swim that I fish from has been let go as the water lilies are spreading to far over the swim.A job for the next work party day.Went to the next peg and that was clear.Set up my light match float rod with my Shimano 1010 Baby Match reel .And just put a little ground bait mix in of hemp/sweetcorn and bacon grill.Plus a handful of maggots.The concrete landing stage was flooded a first this only happens in the winter when the whole lake is almost unfishable. Slow start worm takes a very nice roach of half a pound.Then all baits were used then back to worm at Three.My swim in front of me was not showing any signs of movement.Then the float was away at a great pace a few minutes later in the net a fine Tench of just under 6lbs worth the wait.Then packed up at Five.Very pleased.And not to wet.Please lets have some better weather.

Last edited by TraditionalAngling on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Sunshine & Showers st Local lake

Post by Mark »

Very nice Steve. It looks a lovely lake and some fine tench were caught. :thumb:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

A fine tench indeed sir, well done. :hat:
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Trevor
Eel

Post by Trevor »

A nice tench, and those last two pics pretty much sum up summer so far

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Really nice tench - 6lbs is a very good tench :thumb:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Lovely looking lake there and tinca :thumb:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Steve,

Tench my fav species (along with Crucians).

I thought i'd found an ideal pond at the weekend. I was in a little Essex village called Matching Green, nice pub selling real ale next to the village green and a cricket pitch, nice village pond too, looked great, but with private fishing signs in it.

Always the optimist i emailed the Parish council, unfortunately the fishing is reserved for people under 18 who live in the Parish and retired people.

It probably contains nothing but tiddlers but i had visions of cricket, real ale and a few hours fishing all in the same place, Lovely!

Gaz

TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Post by TraditionalAngling »

gaztheangler wrote:Steve,

Tench my fav species (along with Crucians).

I thought i'd found an ideal pond at the weekend. I was in a little Essex village called Matching Green, nice pub selling real ale next to the village green and a cricket pitch, nice village pond too, looked great, but with private fishing signs in it.

Always the optimist i emailed the Parish council, unfortunately the fishing is reserved for people under 18 who live in the Parish and retired people.

It probably contains nothing but tiddlers but i had visions of cricket, real ale and a few hours fishing all in the same place, Lovely!

Gaz
. Gaz I am retired but I do not live in the village does that count ?

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”