No Carp allowed

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Sf1

No Carp allowed

Post by Sf1 »

Hello all.
Back fishing after 25 odd years and all I read about seem to be overstocked carp lakes.
Does anyone know of any 'non carp' venues in the Essex area?
Preferably quiet and nestled in nature, tench, roach, rudd, bream etc and NOT overstocked? Not interested in picking up a hybrid carp with an artificial bate with every cast.
Any ideas very much appreciated!

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Re: No Carp allowed

Post by Black Prince »

Not to ignore your first post I don't live in Essex but Iam sure local canals would contain the fish your after the carp lads (and me this year ) will pay more to catch a fish of their dreams so choose a canal :Hat: mike

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Sadly carp are becoming more prevalent even in our canals.... being a fellow Essex lad I think you'd have more luck joining a local club like Billericay or Ongar as both have waters with no carp in them... albeit small ones but they are quite secluded and off the beaten track... welcome to the forum by the way :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Yes welcome to the forum Sf1.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Fishers Green Consortium? River & Lakes. R. Roding?

And welcome!

Sf1

Post by Sf1 »

That's great - thanks for all the help and welcomes!
Nothing against carp or carp fishermen, just frustrated with the lack of choice if it's not your thing.
Will check out some of the recs and feed back
Best to all!

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Sadly the days of a mixed fishery with just the occasional or even no carp are long gone. I hope you find somewhere soon and welcome to the forum :Hat:

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

Welcome Sf1, unfortunately angling today seems to be all about catching the worlds second most stupid creature. Billericay and District have some great silver fish fishing on their waters. I fish their carp waters for the roach and rudd, great fun. Thorndon Park is excellent for silver fish and large bream, although a bit of a trek.Not so bad going but it is coming back, all up hill but well worth it.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Post by Black Prince »

Sorry forgot to say :welcome: sfi mike :wave:

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Welcome to the Forum, I must say that most of the waters stuffed with carp have some lovely silver fish tucked in amongst them. I have caught some lovely Roach but the trouble is you could (and will) easily connect with a big Carp so you just cannot afford to fish light enough for what I would call fair sport. I would say if you want to avoid those Carp and have a more natural feeling day, fish a river. I also like solitude(apart from the wife of course) and you will just not get that at most commercial Carp puddles and I must admit I am tiring of going to them.

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”