Chantry Pond, near Frome, Somerset

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Chantry Pond, near Frome, Somerset

Post by Dave Burr »

Newtocane wrote:Thank you for the replies, yes there is still a grotto, though now in a state of disrepair and nature has reclaimed a lot of the lake, the old boat house is now at least 50 yards from the lake! I'm visiting again this weekend and, although catches haven't been prolific, it's such an idyllic lake that catching is almost secondary! I'll let you know if there's anything worth reporting.

Dave, are you the same Dave Burr who is a friend of Nick 'Nature of Barbel' Giles? If so, Nick has fished here with us and you'll probably know David Wettner? He's also a member of the syndicate.

I know Nick Giles but our rods haven't crossed in a long time. His fishing buddies still frequent the Wye and he is regularly mentioned in the Red Lion. Don't think I've met David Wettner though. But it looks like a great place to meet him :Wink: :Sarcasm:

Newtocane
Ruffe

Post by Newtocane »

Thanks Dave, I'm sure we could arrange something, maybe even get Nick along to show us how it should be done! :Sarcasm:

Newtocane
Ruffe

Post by Newtocane »

Well fished on Sunday, big bunch of maggots on the carp rod, unnamed 10' cane with an Intrepid Supreme, double maggot on the float rod, Priory cane rod with an Intrepid Elite, total for the day, 1 Brown Trout and 2 Roach! Water was very milky, probably discharge from the quarry, which has a twin effect, cold water influx and cloudy water. Still a lovely place to spend the day though!

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”